Proving difficult to find a new job :(

Norman Lamont - Conservative MP: High unemployment is a price worth paying!

This fascist condem regime have much the same thinking. They always think that high unemployment is a price that is acceptable for other people to pay. They of course will come out of it much richer as usual. The rich caused the problems, the poorer pay as usual. It is time that we as a nation grew a pair and kicked off like the French do.

The retirement age in France has just been cut to 60 for people who began work at 18 or less. We should do the same to give young people a chance in the jobs market.

Edited by Gamadar

I was made redundant at the end of march ,and so far have had no luck in finding a new job :(.

I apply for jobs on a daily basis and have registered with lots of jobsites+recruitment agencies, now i have got to the point where i'am applying for anything and everything, but i'am finding it quite soul destroying that i've not heard back from any would be employers.I'am currently on contribution based jobseekers which is quite frankly the most depressing thing i've ever had to do and the jobcentre advisors are no help at all. I'am trying to stay positive and am hoping that it won't be for much longer.

Anyone in a similar situation ? do you have any tips to give?

thanks not really sure why i wrote this,just needed to vent a little i suppose :|

We all need a vent now and then ... hope you feel better and you get sorted :)

I've found when applying for work, arranging my CV to be customised JUST for that application. It takes time (once, spending over an hour and a half) but it can pay off. Most of the time its gotten me first and second interviews, not the job, but the interviews keep my motivated.

For temp roles and agencies, I only use a bog standard CV to send to them as theyll ask me to come in and verbalise the whole thing anyway.

Hi guys and girls just thought i would update still no luck jobwise :roll: but i'm feeling more positive. I did have 1 response from a job i applied for which despite being a rejection letter was still appreciated in a strange way lol.

I'am keeping my fingers crossed that eventually i will find another job,so i will just keep applying and in the mean time i'am looking into doing some voluntary work or doing a college course.

Thanks for all the comments and good luck to all those who are in a similar position :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would recomment VRS to help you find a job. Ive used them each time and I must say that I found the jobs I was looking for, for analytical chemistry to any other job, you'll find it there. No just science jobs but you can get job in anything from bioanalysis jobs to any other jobs their website is:

vrs-uk. net/

Edited by 3xam