Cat - pet insurence

Hi everyone, many of you know that I have recently got a kitten, he is now almost 12 weeks old.

We are still looking around at whats the best insurence to get for him.

Also an insurence that pays the vet bills first, (e.g if our cat needed the vet, we dont pay and then get the money back from insurence) hope you know what I mean. I know some insurers do this, you share the details between the vet and insurer, but we are still confused which insurer is best and offordable.

We are hoping to get it soon as we are now scared from what our friend said. She had had her cat for 2 yrs and never needed a vet, all of a sudden he comes home one night with his eye hanging our, very bruised and beet up face. They didnt have him insured and had to spend £300 on him to get him fixed by abbey vets emergancy, luckily they were allowed to pay in installments.

Mine are insured with pet plan, they are a little more expensive than others, but they are very well trusted by vets, and they can pay your vets directly. They also offer 'lifetime' policies which mean that if your pet gets a condition, they will continue to pay for it throughout the life of the animal, whereas some other companies then make this 'pre-existing' and hence stop paying for it at the next renewal. I haven't had to use it fortunately, but they come very well recommended.

I was thinking about pet plan, as my vet recommends them and I know some of my friends have insurence with them. :)

Petplan and Argos both say they will pay direct to vets.

What you might want to check though is whether your vet will deal directly with insurance.

The vet I use say that they won't, not even with Petplan. The vet around the corner from me said they don't deal direct with insurance either, but they may be willing to with Petplan, but you have to pay an additional fee to do so...

We use animal friendly, all profits donated to charity, came out best in compare the market, plus they insure older animals too at no extra cost.