Peugeot 206 engine management light.

Yes I understand exactly what your saying and I have the same machine lol where abouts is your garage by the way?

address is on my SIG mate and its a good machine aint it lol well worth the money

I dint pay that much I got an absolute bargain.

thats ok it wudnt be the 1 that was on here was it for £400 i looked at that for myself as i got mine direct from snap on at the cost of £3500 + vat

Just a word of warning about generic code readers and fault clearing. I've worked on a 206 and 307 this weekend which came to me from frustrated owners.

The 206 kept cutting out when the clutch was depressed.

The garage who put it on their diagnostics said they couldn't find a fault and wanted to start throwing parts at the car. They'd already replaced the lambda sensor, which didn't sort it.

That's because their rubbish reader only read "P" codes and the 206 was a 1998 model which is too old to produce P codes.

But, I plugged in Planet and it read and diagnosed the fault immediately. I took the sensor off, cleaned it, did a BSI reset and all was well again.

The 307 had an ABS light coming on. A garage cleared the light with their diagnostic equipment.

After that the speedo wasn't working. The speedo on a 307 reads its value from the ABS sensors. So, whatever they'd done in clearing the code has damaged the ABS control unit in some way.

Edited by alchresearch