Velocity Tower Info

Hi, I'm trying to figure out whether I can afford to live in one of the apartments in Velocity Tower. If anybody could pm me with details of average monthly gas/elec, water and council tax, I would be very grateful...thanks :)

Council Tax £110 a month

Gas and electricty £100 a month.

Water £120 a year

Tv Licence £138 a year.

Contents Insurance £98 a year.

Broadband £££

Stay at home and save :)

Nice one dude , thanks a lot :)

If I stay at home any longer I fear I may kill my grandparents...which would be such a shame...they buy me the best xmas gifts :D

hey guys. Do you know how many squeare metres are the flats in velocity tower?

I am interested to rent one but none is giving me that info.

Thank you

hey guys. Do you know how many squeare metres are the flats in velocity tower?

I am interested to rent one but none is giving me that info.

Thank you

as someone who used to live in the city centre, in several different developments, I would say stay clear.

Its an impressive building but I've viewed a few flats inside, they are small, I mean small, with minimal fresh air flow due to the sealed windows in the bedrooms.

The balcony's have Venetian blind style windows so you can't actually have BBQ's or let any amount of air in. Good for growing plants though.

For very similar money you can get a rented house or flat in broomhill/crookes with much more space and a bit of greenery.

Thanks for the info! I called the real estate office which is responsible for the tower and they told me " we don't know how many square meters are the apartments" that's crazy...

I would avoid it and go for one of the nicer, but less in demand ones somewhere such as gibson works, or the development on bramall lane

They do know the floor area but they just don't want you to go and compare it to other flats.

Similar to garages on new houses. Its the only room/part of the house which hasn't got a dimension on it because they are so small you can only fit a Mini it them.

Look round, as has been said there are better value flats.

Well, i tried to rent an apartment today via e-mail, i sent them the money and then they told me that the flat its gone! thats crazy!!!!!!!!!

I lived there for a year in a 1 bed. The flats are small 1-bed 450sq ft. 2-bed 700 sq ft approx. and very expensive. but i ike the lay out and styling- it is slick if you stay on the upper floors (+10). The lift (only one) sucks big time and it conked off every 2nd week. i lved on the 20th floor and have had a bit of good exercising!!!