Ageing metalhead going crazy in his bedroom

While I think on: There was a drummer living a few doors down from me but they seem to have gone quiet lately. I'll see if I can figure out who it was & introduce myself ...

I'm easy with bands to cover, it's all for fun....

Metallica/Megadeth/Maiden if its oldschool - I'm easy with the newer stuff, throw some ideas my way......just dont want to do something that needs weeks and weeks of rehearsal to get right.

Could even go for some cheezy 70 stuff just for a laugh.....always goes down well at open mic nights

Looks like a Wincobank super group is assembling itself! I've lost track of who does what. I play bass and can do Al Jorgenson vocals at a pinch. If this takes off, perhaps we could take turns on the Mic. I've been rehearsing my solo stuff at Rec and Play in town, but I had a look at Practise Sheffield the other week and that looks pretty good too. Anyone game for a meet and jam in the next few weeks?

Yeah I'm game. Swapping turns on the mic sounds good to me - gotta keep that angelic choirboy voice ready for X Factor :D

OK, well here are some of my favourites to listen to. Some of them will be easier to pull off than others (especially if I'm singing) and I've never been the speediest player so I've naff all chance of managing the quicker solos ... I'm kinda hoping you're faster than me :)

Girl's Got Rhythm

King Of The Road

Thumb

Mouth For War

Seek And Destroy

Aces High

Chief Rebel Angel

Gotta say I'm not 100% attached to any of them so if you can think of something better don't be shy ...

I've been working on industrial/metal/punk covers of I Kissed a Girl, Angels (Robbie Williams) and a goth version of It's Not Unusual. For more serious covers I'm happy with your suggestions. I'm sure I could think of some others, but I think there are enough. Any more for any more?

Ooh, ooh, I know; Feelgood Hit of the Summer, by QOTSA. And Bite the Bullet, by Motorhead. Damn, got me started now!

Edited by EbonyBranch

EbonyBranch ta for saying you like the looks of Practice Sheffield. When you all get around to it, come and see us. I live in wincobank as well, (taunton avenue) so it's only fitting really!!!:D

I've been working on industrial/metal/punk covers of I Kissed a Girl, Angels (Robbie Williams) and a goth version of It's Not Unusual. For more serious covers I'm happy with your suggestions. I'm sure I could think of some others, but I think there are enough. Any more for any more?

Argh! Industrial Robbie Williams! Run away!

Argh! Industrial Robbie Williams! Run away!

It's done with hybrid Ramones/industrial/death metal drums and guitars and my version of Ministry vocals. It's not pretty!

Right, I've finally finished mucking around with samples. I've posted the track on an old band site of mine. It's called "Storm The Beaches". The other two tracks there are a few years old and much lighter - more M.O.R. than rock / metal.

im from wincobank myself,, lol,,,, look out these bands?? total confusion& system of hate,,, you an idea of any decent pub venues in sheffield with a p.a that will hire themselves out