Charles sedgwick/hannah crookes

Pleasecan anybody tell me anything about Charles sedgewick who married a hannah crookes about1896 in attercliffe sheffield.I believe she later married amos stuart .She had 2 children br Charles Sedgewick ,Elizabeth and Wilfred?if anybody can tell me anything about this i would be very glad.

pat

I notice on the 1911 census Hannah is living with Amos and children - it says how many born 6 and how many alive 6. But Wilfred isn't shown and he is down on the 1911 as a patient in a hospital at Western Bank, which maybe the old Royal Hospital - I am not sure as I don't live in Sheffield. Elizabeth is down as Lizzie Stuart.

Amos Stuart 37

Hannah Stuart 33

Lizzie Stuart 4

Rose Stuart 9

Anos Stuart 7

Alfred Stuart 6

George Stuart 3

Henry Stuart 1

There is a death for Charles Sedgwick in 1900 it states his birth at about 1860 so you maybe able to trace him from that. I haven't been able to find a Charles Sedgwick born in Sheffield so he maybe from outside the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

thanks for the reply, Lizzie is realy elizabeth sedgewick ,Amos bought her up and put his name on her birth certificate ,she also had a brother Wilfred but i do not know what hapened to him?Elizabeth is my grandmother she married a Henry Taylorand they had 2 children Dorris and Douglas,and then she married a J Maloneand had 11 more children,please can anyone tell me when dorris was born .

thanks

I notice on the 1911 census Hannah is living with Amos and children - it says how many born 6 and how many alive 6. But Wilfred isn't shown and he is down on the 1911 as a patient in a hospital at Western Bank, which maybe the old Royal Hospital - I am not sure as I don't live in Sheffield. Elizabeth is down as Lizzie Stuart.

Amos Stuart 37

Hannah Stuart 33

Lizzie Stuart 4

Rose Stuart 9

Anos Stuart 7

Alfred Stuart 6

George Stuart 3

Henry Stuart 1

There is a death for Charles Sedgwick in 1900 it states his birth at about 1860 so you maybe able to trace him from that. I haven't been able to find a Charles Sedgwick born in Sheffield so he maybe from outside the area.

I have checked this Charles out and he was married to an Amy and they are in the same grave so you can rule that one out. I'm having trouble finding the correct one too so I would send for his marriage certificate and see if that gives you any clues.

Looks like this one spelt with an e in 1891 census

Charles Sedgewick

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1873

Relation: Son

Father's Name: Thomas Sedgewick

Mother's Name: Susan Sedgewick

Where born: Grantham, Lincolnshire, England

Civil parish: Brightside Bierlow

Ecclesiastical parish: Brightside

County/Island: Yorkshire

Registration district: Sheffield

Sub-registration district: Brightside

ED, institution, or vessel: 59

Neighbors: View others on page

Piece: 3836

Folio: 4

Page Number: 2

Household Members:

Name Age

Thomas Sedgewick 49

Susan Sedgewick 46

John G Sedgewick 22

Charles Sedgewick 18

Louisa Sedgewick 13

Grace Sedgewick 10

Could he have been away/ killed in the Boer Wars by 1901?

Found this military information.

Sedgwick C J 25155 Imperial Yeomanry

Migration

SEDGWICK C 1869 M 1897 Southampton South Africa Cape

SEDGWICK C F Unknown F 1895 Liverpool USA New York

SEDGWICK C S Unknown 1900 Liverpool USA New York

Edited by Rivelin6