Renault scenic auto

Can Anyone help.... I have a Renault Megane Scenic Automatic V reg. It has started cutting out for no reason and sometimes takes between 10-20 attemps to start again or sometimes fires up straight away. Im not sure if the auto transmition could need topping up but cant find where to top it up. A yellow dash light has started flashing on for half a second saying "auto" underneath the symbol. Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect it's a DPO auto box, it's sealed and can't be topped up (Nor the level checked) easily. It's also famously unreliable

Having said that, the auto box shouldn't have any bearing on the car cutting out or trouble restarting it. You need the error codes read of it, could be something as simple as a coil pack failing

Go and see G tech in Attercliffe

ok thanks, theres no noises coming from the gearbox itself and has smooth gear change. its just the cutting out and restarting which is puzzling me. thanks anyway i will try the place in attercliffe.

Actually, thinking about it my money would be on the crankshaft sensor, my daughters Megane did exactly what yours does, changing it cured it.

Either way, the fault should be logged just waiting to be read!

Never, ever, buy a Renault, they are a bloody nightmare from start to finish.

i had a zafira with same problem.wasnt automatic tho.it was egr valve and that was fetchin the engine management light on