Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

This should be for the Hinde House thread but I'll post it on here.As far as I'm concerned certain members of senior staff at HH were not pulling their weight and leaving Messrs. Glasby and Pashley to do almost all of the admin work resulting in them both having nervous breakdowns.They both left abruptly never to return and no announcement was ever made regarding their departures.They'd both been long term teachers at Owler Lane and I think that fact should have been acknowledged in a statement at assembly but they were treated as if they'd never existed.As form captain I had a lot of dealings with them and they were good people.They are probably no longer with us but, even though they were strict, I still have warm memories of them.

Corblimy Glynn I wish I had a memory as good as yours I can,t remember what the wife told me to do yesterday. Now where did i put those bloody car keys

Corblimy Glynn I wish I had a memory as good as yours I can,t remember what the wife told me to do yesterday. Now where did i put those bloody car keys

I'm with you mate :confused:

Does anyone know whatever happened to Percival?

Hi Brian,

I remember when Percy left school he went on the buses as a conducter,I worked on Leadmill st at the time and used o see him quite a bit.

The memory,s a bit to be desired these days as you well know but I think he got married quite young and had 3 kids in no time, probably Fred Glasby (A.K.A Glynn) might have some more info.

John

I just know the same as you John.I think he was a father of three before I left for Japan the first time. (summer 71)He could even be a great grandfather by now.

I just know the same as you John.I think he was a father of three before I left for Japan the first time. (summer 71)He could even be a great grandfather by now.

Give the lad a break Glyn

Hi Brian,

I remember when Percy left school he went on the buses as a conducter,I worked on Leadmill st at the time and used o see him quite a bit.

The memory,s a bit to be desired these days as you well know but I think he got married quite young and had 3 kids in no time, probably Fred Glasby (A.K.A Glynn) might have some more info.

John

Well it looks like our privileged education was not a complete waste of time as I too spent a few months, at the beginning of my illustrious career, as a Sheffield Transport bus conductor based a Leadmill Road. I don't mean to brag, but I may be the only bus conductor to be left at the Manor Top bus stop by his own bus :roll: and had to wave down a car and utter those immortal words, 'follow that bus!'

Thats not the place to loose your bus, if you managed to get back on before being mugged you did well

This was back in more gentle times..1967 I think. I was helping this young mother by setting up the push chair after she got off the bus with her baby. The driver didn't see me get off and the 95 bus pulled away down City road! So I'm there in full uniform..ticket machine around my neck, trying to thumb a lift from a passing car. The passengers had all seen this and I got a round of applause when I finally caught up with my bus.

I bet the STAR,S headlines read. Bus conducter recues mother with pram and then catches runaway bus on City Rd (SUPERMAN alias Man in tights?)

I bet the STAR,S headlines read. Bus conducter recues mother with pram and then catches runaway bus on City Rd (SUPERMAN alias Man in tights?)

Hi John, There's no answer to that ...but I'm sure Geoff will appear in print any moment to rectify the situation!

I'm still wondering if anyone has heard from John Cresswell, Eddie Lister and Michael Tomlinson. The last time I saw John was when I was bartending at the Punch Bowl Hotel pub in Crookes in the early 70's. Eddie was a passenger on my bus one day in the late 60's and Michael worked with me in the mid 60's at Kennings, Leadmill Rd. He was a motor mechanic and I was a car sprayer in the paint shop.