The Crystal Maze on TV

PrimalJay

Just seen it a few times on Challenge channel on freeview and was wondering if this would still have legs for a brand new series, I think with modern animatronics, high definition visuals and computer generated wizardry it really could be done with great aplom, was never so keen on Ed Tudor-Pole who fonted the final few series although he did a sterling job none of the less, it will always be Richard O'Brien for me with his energetic and whity style accompanied by charm and sarcasm.

Out of curiosity, who were the team that got the most crystals ever because the most I ever saw was around 7 plus they got the prizes at the end. If they ever remade this nowadays I would love them to ask Richard to do it again it must have been so much fun for him originally and not the sort of show that comes along very often.

Edited by PrimalJay

Funnily enough I've got Crystal Maze on in the Lounge, a Xmas kids' special.

Another show from back in the day which would benefit from modern technology IMO would be Knightmare! They tried to update it a few years back with Knightmare VR (I believe there's a pilot episode floating around somewhere, check on Youtube) but I gather it didn't generate interest from the networks :(

Edited by Rich

i read somewhere a year back that they were going to re-do this series and it was in the pipeline, unfortunatly heard nothing since, its a shame cos it would be great if they did the crystal maze again, who would you suggest to host it though if Mr o' brien and eddie were not available?

GF x

Would David Tennant have the energy and charisma to carry it off, I always thought good old Dexter Fletcher would be an ideal choice as well, he has not done anything of note for a while and would be a perfect blend of experience and craziness.

Would David Tennant have the energy and charisma to carry it off, I always thought good old Dexter Fletcher would be an ideal choice as well, he has not done anything of note for a while and would be a perfect blend of experience and craziness.

Dexter Fletcher was annoying when he did GamesMaster in the mid 90s IMO, I preferred that Scottish bloke's presenting.

Do you also mean the legend that is Sir Patrick Moore?

Yes, it finished in 1998, just when video games were getting a cult following with all that Playstation and N64 rage that was paving the way and changing video gaming for an entire generation, them were the days. I would be at the front of any cue to get Gamesmaster back again, that really was something special, it was video games with a whity, sexy and mature slant and nothing has come close ever since.

Edited by PrimalJay