Young tabby and white girl found in peace gardens

namz

a young tabby and white girl was found yesterday in the city centre, very friendly rather slim wearing a silver collar... rspca were useless to be fair.. the lads had to release her back in the city centre!! if anyone has lost one near by please let me know thanks

Hi..I think this is the second posting of a young cat found in the city centre. In Lost & Found section someone has listed finding a black & white cat wearing a silver collar in Peace Gardens. Is it definately tabby (stripey) & white? Or black & white? If it is it's a bit of a worry.That's 2 young cats both wearing silver collars found in City Centre. I fear they could have been dumped. Can anyone locate them & just take them in temporarily so they can be kept safe until a place can be found for them in a Rescue? Then they can be chip checked & their owners hopefully found. I seriously doubt they live in the city centre. It's no place for young cats to be roaming.

a young tabby and white girl was found yesterday in the city centre, very friendly rather slim wearing a silver collar... rspca were useless to be fair.. the lads had to release her back in the city centre!! if anyone has lost one near by please let me know thanks

People do live in the city centre and also own cats, so as it had a collar on it does presumably live there. Why would anyone remove it from the city centre when you don't know its history ? :)

Hi..I think this is the second posting of a young cat found in the city centre. In Lost & Found section someone has listed finding a black & white cat wearing a silver collar in Peace Gardens. Is it definately tabby (stripey) & white? Or black & white? If it is it's a bit of a worry.That's 2 young cats both wearing silver collars found in City Centre. I fear they could have been dumped. Can anyone locate them & just take them in temporarily so they can be kept safe until a place can be found for them in a Rescue? Then they can be chip checked & their owners hopefully found. I seriously doubt they live in the city centre. It's no place for young cats to be roaming.

Please don't go removing cats without knowing the full circumstances, why do you fear they have been dumped. This happens all the time where people remove animals from somewhere and people end up losing their pets :confused:

Please don't go removing cats without knowing the full circumstances, why do you fear they have been dumped. This happens all the time where people remove animals from somewhere and people end up losing their pets :confused:

That happened to me last year. I went off to work and at lunch time got a call from cats shelter asking if I'd lost a cat. I said yes he's blue and has been spotted at Jordanthorpe where I keep going to look for him.

They said no this one's got brown spots. I gave them further descriptions of my eldest Bengal and they said yes it was her. I asked why they'd got her as she wasn't lost, she'd been in my daughter's bed all night.

Apparently an old lady round the corner had reported her as a stray and said she'd been living under her shed all winter!

Well, she's the best looking stray I've ever seen:hihi::hihi:

I was pleased to get her back but furious that she'd been taken from just round the corner to where she lives. The cats shelter advised me to keep her in in future, no chance, they don't know my cat !

Edited by helenasq

That happened to me last year. I went off to work and at lunch time got a call from cats shelter asking if I'd lost a cat. I said yes he's blue and has been spotted at Jordanthorpe where I keep going to look for him.

They said no this one's got brown spots. I gave them further descriptions of my eldest Bengal and they said yes it was her. I asked why they'd got her as she wasn't lost, she'd been in my daughter's bed all night.

Apparently an old lady round the corner had reported her as a stray and said she'd been living under her shed all winter!

Well, she's the best looking stray I've ever seen:hihi::hihi:

I was pleased to get her back but furious that she'd been taken from just round the corner to where she lives. The cats shelter advised me to keep her in in future, no chance, they don't know my cat !

Yep how annoying it happened to me too that's why I posted on here. I had an interfering mad cat woman (who puts plates of cat food outside her house) take mine and shut it in for weeks before I found her and only two streets away I was flipping frantic :help:

People do live in the city centre and also own cats, so as it had a collar on it does presumably live there. Why would anyone remove it from the city centre when you don't know its history ? :)

ceecee i know not to remove cats... i work with animals the cat was brought to me to check for a chip and was taken back so please do not presume everybody acts in this way!

The tabby & white cat found in Peace Gardens is now at Thornberry. It was very thin, very hungry, very dirty & had skin problems. With no chip and no name tag the cat was taken into Rescue where it can be fed, receive treatment & hopefully it's owner traced. The cat was in poor condition in a non residential area & it was not safe to leave her there. The people who found her did the right thing.