Studio Group Shoots

psm0114

If anyone is interested in studio photography and would like to get together with other photographers with a similar interest I run Group Shoots once a month at Hugger Studio in Sheffield. There is a midweek evening shoot and one on a Saturday. If you would like more information please get in touch :)

We do vary the themes of the shoots from Fashion to art nude. For the next Saturday shoot we have 2 models and the studio layout means that they can work in separate studios at the same time with no more that 4 photographers with each model at any one time. For this shoot one model will be be working glamour / fashion and the other lingerie /implied nude. Each model will do 3 x 1 hour sets from 11am to 3pm and the cost for the day is £40

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It has been some time since I last posted here but the model group shoots are still running on a regular basis if anyone is interested and I have now added an additional venue with the opening of a new studio in Wath Upon Dearne. I have put the evening shoots on hold for the early months of next year whilst there is a risk of bad weather but Saturdays will continue at Wath with the first shoot scheduled for 12th. January 2013. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

• 3 weeks later...

Our next event will be at JFYP Studio in Wath and is a slight variation on our usual format. The model is Danielle Hanson and she will be at the studio all day and we are taking bookings on a one to one basis. The Model Day is on Sunday 3rd. February and hour slots are £40. This is fully inclusive of model, studio and any assistance you may require on the day. For more information or to book please get in touch.

Our next event will be at JFYP Studio in Wath and is a slight variation on our usual format. The model is Danielle Hanson and she will be at the studio all day and we are taking bookings on a one to one basis. The Model Day is on Sunday 3rd. February and hour slots are £40. This is fully inclusive of model, studio and any assistance you may require on the day. For more information or to book please get in touch.

Hi there,

Sounds interesting. Can you tell me what control we have over the lighting and set. I do like a lot of the fine art photos seen on ephotozine and would love to do that style myself with the high or low key lighting. Many of these model shoots end up been a page 3 or amateurish potrait session with everyone having the same shots each.

Hi there,

Sounds interesting. Can you tell me what control we have over the lighting and set. I do like a lot of the fine art photos seen on ephotozine and would love to do that style myself with the high or low key lighting. Many of these model shoots end up been a page 3 or amateurish potrait session with everyone having the same shots each.

The model days such as the one here are one to one shoots so for the amount of time you have booked it is up to you exactly what you shoot. The primary studio set is high key but a low key set can also be set up quite easily .

We also run what we call "Group Shoots" from the studio which are more on the lines that you describe. These shoots usually run for 3 hours and there are 4 photographers maximum attending. There is obviously less flexibility for individual ideas on the group shoots but they have proved very popular and tend to be more of a social event where the photographers exchange ideas and also get the opportunity to get some photographs with a model at the same time.

The model days such as the one here are one to one shoots so for the amount of time you have booked it is up to you exactly what you shoot. The primary studio set is high key but a low key set can also be set up quite easily .

We also run what we call "Group Shoots" from the studio which are more on the lines that you describe. These shoots usually run for 3 hours and there are 4 photographers maximum attending. There is obviously less flexibility for individual ideas on the group shoots but they have proved very popular and tend to be more of a social event where the photographers exchange ideas and also get the opportunity to get some photographs with a model at the same time.

I notice that you're based at Stocky.

Are you one of the members at Stocksbridge Photographic society?

I notice that you're based at Stocky.

Are you one of the members at Stocksbridge Photographic society?

Yes I am, although I have only joined this year. I've lived in Stocksbridge 25 years but only just got round to joining.

Archived