Interested in learning to knit but don't know how to start

Hello,

as mentioned above I would like to learn to knit but I have no idea how I would go about learning. I don't know anyone who knits to ask and as I'm a uni student even if I had any living grandmothers I'd be too far away to ask for help.....................thanks in advanceDarren

Hi Darren

You would be most welcome to come along to Sheffield Knitters. We have 2 groups at the moment; Wednesday 11am-1pm and Thursday 4.30-6.30pm although the Thursday group often runs over sometimes as late as 8pm so give us a call or text before if you decide to come to that one.

We have had several people come along and learn not only how to knit but also how to crochet so beginners are always welcome. Both the groups are small and friendly and any newcomers are always welcome.

Good luck!!

Cheryl

Sheffield Knitters

Is it me or did anyone else snigger at learning to knit from scratch at the Cat Shelter?

Advice from me would be go to as many meetings as you can until you find the one that suits you and practice knitting as much as you can.

Hi,

We meet at Premier Inn, Angel Street, Sheffield on Wednesday 11am-1pm and Thursday 4.30-6.30pm. The Thursday meeting can tend to run over a bit but always give us a call if you're going to be late just to make sure. You can call either 07789 110280 or 07586 305598. The next meeting is on Wednesday 2nd January at 11am.

The group is free to use and is open to anyone over 18 years old. It doesn't matter how long you've been knitting for (or not) as there is usually someone there who can help with any problems you have.

Hope to see you soon,

Best wishes,

Cheryl K

Hobbycraft are starting knitting lessons soon and I am in demonstrating knitting nearly every month.