Elusive APK files on android phone

Draggletail

I'm wanting to copy some apx files (games) from my phone to an android tablet and install them using file manager or sideload wonder software (whatever)

Can't find the files on the phone....

here's the files on the phone

And a search of the phone for apx reveals These two files - but there's no games in them...

Am I missing a trick here?

Or missing the whole thing? :hihi:

If you have market on the 2nd device just download them through there if they use the same google account.

It's a Chinese tablet with a dodgy fake market on it and a suspicious google checkout logo (all blured) :suspect:

I can just use the tablet browser to sign in at market.android using my primary google email that I registered the phone with, but I can't get it to recognise the tablet so I can download onto it.

After of lots (and lots) of messing about I hoped copying the apk installation files to the tablet might be the way forward :(

It's a Chinese tablet with a dodgy fake market on it and a suspicious google checkout logo (all blured) :suspect:

I can just use the tablet browser to sign in at market.android using my primary google email that I registered the phone with, but I can't get it to recognise the tablet so I can download onto it.

After of lots (and lots) of messing about I hoped copying the apk installation files to the tablet might be the way forward :(

What about editing your build.prop file to one of an SII(most compatible phone out), then doing as above and it should see it as a compatible device.

What about editing your build.prop file to one of an SII(most compatible phone out), then doing as above and it should see it as a compatible device.

That's interesting, thanks.

I located the build.prop file using the And Explorer app.

Could you tell me what I'd use to edit it, and an example of a suitable edit?

That's interesting, thanks.

I located the build.prop file using the And Explorer app.

Could you tell me what I'd use to edit it, and an example of a suitable edit?

I did it on the Hp touchpad so I could access certain games, I followed a tutorial on youtube.

A word of advice make sure you take a backup copy first just so you can return to normal if it doesn't work.

Archived