Sheffield Forum (unofficial) Singles Night - 28th Feb at the Wig and Pen

Hiya matey,

It's new but there will be an event at least once a month, with break off events in between. Stuff like singles salsa, wine nights and awesome free parties! I'm pretty excited as it looks like theres big interest from the 30-50 age groups. Be great to put some names to faces and have some fun.

Thanks TJC1 - I'll keep my eye out for postings once I get my bearings around the site. 30-50's suits me fine I'm right in the middle of that age group :)

Not sure...... it's a city centre bar so I wouldn't expect it to be really cheap BUT it is a nice place and hopefully will attract some really nice people to attend. If money's tight there's always lime and soda which is never too expensive!

Wig and Pen typical city centre prices really, they do a good line in real ales and have an extensive wine list.

Right off to sleep, if I don't see you before see you on the night everyone. Ta ta. x

Just checked the POF site and we have 25 people from there (so far) signed up to come. 35 on facebook so it should be a busy night......... yippeeee!

Do everyone have to hold up name cards so people know who they are? bit like me at Manchester airport lol.

Haha! No....... there may be a name badge or two floating around but only if you want to be able to make 'connections' after the night!!

We're over 30 on POF now and over 35 on Facebook....... plus others we know of coming. If you're single, you can't afford to miss it!!

Haha! No....... there may be a name badge or two floating around but only if you want to be able to make 'connections' after the night!!

We're over 30 on POF now and over 35 on Facebook....... plus others we know of coming. If you're single, you can't afford to miss it!!

Connections?

things seem to have really gathered pace. Seems the majority of the pub will be from sheff forum so not really a problem finding the right group as its not really that big a pub anyway, nice though

things seem to have really gathered pace. Seems the majority of the pub will be from sheff forum so not really a problem finding the right group as its not really that big a pub anyway, nice though

We have booked the private room downstairs at the Wig & Pen so we'll all be there and at least it means within that space you know everyone's there for the same 'do'!

As for connections - there will be the opportunity to let us know who you liked on the night (hence name badges!) and if the other person has also expressed an interest in you we will pass on contact details. Saves anyone having to be uber brave and ask for a phone number on the night!!

sounds very organised. is there any cost involved or are you just being benovalant

No cost - just your drinks on the night. We just want to offer a really good night. It's a frustrating world out there for singles and there's nothing really good on offer at the moment. We want people to come along, have a great night, make some new friends and feel that they've had a brilliant experience.

It's a 'feel good' exercise all ways round!