What to do with car..

I think I have decided to sell her however I will pass on the above information to whoever buys her. She has got Tax and Test for a few months so Im sure will be of interest to someone out there. After I have had my weeks subscription I will place an advert in the classified section. Thanks

Can you please give me some advice on what to do with my 1994 VW Golf 1.8 GL (86,000 miles)?

I have owned the car a few months and before then it has been in the same family since new.

A few weeks ago the car started to almost shut down when driving and the revs dramatically decreased however on pressing the accelerator she came back to life. A few days later the car completely shut down and when I restarted it the car was juddering whilst driving. I parked her up and she has been stood outside my house for the last month.

The car is in excellent condition for her age and it seems a shame to phone the scrap man however the central locking has recently broke and there seems to be a slight oil drip from underneath so i'm not sure what the best plan of action is?? I am not mechanically minded, and dont have the time to strip it down although I presume that this would be the most lucrative option as it still has all the original equipment.

Can anyone offer any advice on where to sell her as it seems a shame to see her squashed.....

The car's paintwork is excellent with no rust at all. The inside is totally original and like the outside it is outstanding for its age.

Look forward to your replies.

My number is - 07868354100

hi had you just filled up with fuel

Can you please give me some advice on what to do with my 1994 VW Golf 1.8 GL (86,000 miles)?

I have owned the car a few months and before then it has been in the same family since new.

A few weeks ago the car started to almost shut down when driving and the revs dramatically decreased however on pressing the accelerator she came back to life. A few days later the car completely shut down and when I restarted it the car was juddering whilst driving. I parked her up and she has been stood outside my house for the last month.

The car is in excellent condition for her age and it seems a shame to phone the scrap man however the central locking has recently broke and there seems to be a slight oil drip from underneath so i'm not sure what the best plan of action is?? I am not mechanically minded, and dont have the time to strip it down although I presume that this would be the most lucrative option as it still has all the original equipment.

Can anyone offer any advice on where to sell her as it seems a shame to see her squashed.....

The car's paintwork is excellent with no rust at all. The inside is totally original and like the outside it is outstanding for its age.

Look forward to your replies.

My number is - 07868354100

One of my mates had a car similar to yours (not in make or model but its condition) and he put it up for sale on autotrader.co.uk with a nice picture (and a cheap price!) but also with the details of the problems.

Well, what turned out to happen is that he sold his car and the person who bought it needed the parts rather than the car itself because they were so expensive to get find!

Have you looked into putting it up for auction?

Thanks for the offer however I didnt mention that it has a new Sony Stereo which cost £150, Alloy wheels and is Taxed and Tested until April. I have had quite a few calls this evening from people giving me tips on how to fix her (Thanks for them) and also people making me offers which I will definately consider. Without wanting to break any site rules, i will post the details next week in the classified section.

Thanks.

Try the cheap things first. Take the HT leads off one by one and clean them with a clean cloth. Clean the inside of the distributor cap - then give a small spray with WD40.

If you just keep spraying WD40 onto the leads at the first sign of trouble, after a while a layer of muck forms that can make the leads short and cause a misfire.

My first thought though was a faulty TDC sensor -my mum's car had a similar problem. I would seriously look at taking the car to a garage - if that's the only issue then fixing the car would be better than getting rid - IMHO.