3 mobile phone network - quality in S6

I'm thinking of switching to 3, but I have heard their reception isn't good in certain areas. I used the online map, but someone told me it's not always truthful.

Is anyone in the Loxley area, using 3?

If so, it is worthwhile?

Thanks!

I used to be on 3 when I lived in Stannington, reception was pants and that's putting it in polite terms.

Also, 3 has Indian call centres, if you're looking for a good provider with good signals and UK call centres, I strongly recommend O2, I've been with them just over 2 years and can't fault them at all.

I'm thinking of switching to 3, but I have heard their reception isn't good in certain areas. I used the online map, but someone told me it's not always truthful.

Is anyone in the Loxley area, using 3?

If so, it is worthwhile?

Thanks!

That online map is a waste of time,best to ignore it.

I'm near the park pub and the reception strength is poor, I have 1 bar, but I do always have at least one so making calls isn't too much of a problem. I went with 3 because I got a good deal for an iphone, depends on what deal you're after really.

i have 3 network just to make calls to my family as the offer was good when i took it out, must be honest tho its a load of rubbish the network coverage is very poor. I use Tesco network for all other calls it is very good and have not had any trouble what so ever with coverage

Three do some great deals ,but the coverage is usually rubbish.

Moved onto 3, reception good in some parts of s8. In others its poor. Get it, try it out and send bavk if its bad.

3 have the best 3G coverage (allegedly, from their own claims - nationally, not necessarily in Sheffield), some of the fastest 3G & if you're out of range of that then you can still usually get Orange 2G for calls.

The only network I've had coverage problems with around Sheffield are Vodafone.

Edited by anywebsite

Hi all im in area 5 and had no signal for 3 days phoned three up and said they are trying to sort it out this is not the first time its happend i would advise you to go with some one else

i have 3 network just to make calls to my family as the offer was good when i took it out, must be honest tho its a load of rubbish the network coverage is very poor. I use Tesco network for all other calls it is very good and have not had any trouble what so ever with coverage

Tesco uses O2's network, best there is IMO.

And none of the Indian call centre rubbish.

Don't know about 3 itself, but don't they switch to Orange if there's no 3 signal? I always had excellent coverage on Orange when I lived in Loxley but have now switched to O2 and find it's a bit dodgy when I go back - have to stand near the windows in my mum's house to get a signal!

I changed from Vodafone to 3 last month and have found the signal and service so much better. My parents live at Wadsley and I've had no problems getting signal at theirs - or anywhere for that matter.