The chases s12 (Hackenthorpe)- New estate

Hi does anyone know anything about this estate?

Is it a good/bad area?

Thanks!

There are worse estates than Hackenthorpe! It has its problems, but not as much as a lot of other council estates!

So the new estate would be fine buying a house on? I don't know that area very well so just want to see what people think of it :)

Depends on what price the builder is asking? The area wouldn't put me off though! I take it they are building on the site of the old Vic Hallam houses that have been demolished?

120k for a 2 bed?

No? Just its on a road with alot of social housing? But i have had a look at the crime stats and they arent too bad (had bad past experience!) so you'd say the area is trustworthy enough to buy a house? haha :)

hi hun we live not too far and it is a nice area.

some of the houses i know have ex demolition people in them so i presume some were either offered to council or a housing association. having said that. these are very highly priced i feel and if you go into part ownership etc then when these houses have been established then you could end up with a problem if the area goes downhill.

however this is your choice and in answer to your original question the area is the best one they are offering houses for sale on at the moment i think. i hope all this makes sense as i dont seem to be able to explain what i am trying to say lol x