Looking for something to do with kids?

we haven't done much so far this half term, so today I promised to take the kids out somewhere. It was going to be the kids club at the cinema, but according to the website the showing is pretty much sold out and theres nothing else we fancy seeing!

I don't want a play area - my boy is in a wheelchair and I don't want him sat there watching his sisters play.

Is there anything happening anywhere please? Any ideas?

my kids never tire of a trek round weston park museum ... and its free :)

pack a bag of crisps and a drink each and its really cheap

kelham island museums a good afternoon out too.

Edited by samsmum

My grandson and daughter always want to go to Weston Park Museuem, in fact I am taking my granddaughter today.

Sheffield Wednesday Academy run courses during the holidays which are very good.

we love weston park museum, but have been fairly recently, and nothings changed since :(

sheffield wednesday academy is no good - eldest has no interest in football and son is disabled :(

kelham island museum? should be ok with wheelchair.

graves park animals?

heeley city farm?

any of sheffields parks? hilsboro park is pretty good with the fishing pond and ducks etc. would have suggested going out to bakewell to feed the fish and ducks but theres a notice up now asking people not to feed them :(

erm ... the our cow molly farm? you should be ok with a wheelchair in the barn where the baby animals are (if its still the same as it was in spring!)

the garden centres out dronfield way can fill up a couple of hours - especially looking at the fish and having a drink in the cafe at the one right out through dronfield ...

not sure how accessible the rspb site at old moor is ...

if the drive and cost isnt a barrier, try the yorkshire wildlife park at doncaster ... or twycross zoo. twycross zoo has done some serious upgrading so is lovely and accessible for wheelchairs. as is ywp, only book online so you dont have to face that horrendous queue!

I was just discussing Graves park and Heeley city farm with the hubby, might try one of those as we haven't been to either in a while :)

I was thinking of going to the Fire Museum, but I dunno how to get there :hihi:

What about Magna they are doing a Rocket thing this week where you make your own rockets and test them out its 1.00 per child.. not sure what its like for wheelchairs though was going to take mine today .. good luck hope you find something to do!! Its great int it weathers rubbish and everythign costs a fortune! .

I was thinking of going to the Fire Museum, but I dunno how to get there :hihi:

Is it open during the week? I thought it was just sundays?

I dunno, I saw it the other day and fancied a look round. My boys love the train museum but I'm getting a bit bored of walking round that now

Is it open during the week? I thought it was just sundays?

says its "pre-booked group visits" only during the week..