Social Services and the measures they take

If an assault didn't take place then she made false allegations to the police. Either way one of two things happened, an assault or someone drunk calling the police to make false allegations and you said yourself that she smashed the house up. Which ever one happened there would be legitimate concerns with the child being safe in the home.

I tend towards thinking it was the latter and if that's the case she does have to take some responsibility in this, she is the one who made the allegations and called the police.

As I've said, I do understand they have genuine concerns, there was a child in the house and some type of 'domestic violence' whoever was committing it. but is it all a standard procedure? To me, these are the measures they should be taking in a full on child abuse case, i.e, the father has been abusing his child.

To be fair at least 6 months :(

Then the parents names will be held on file and if ever any information is required at school etc etc in the future then it will show up.

yes, sorry to confirm this... at least 6 months! and please dont rely on your health visitor or midwife to put in a good word for you as the ss dont listen to any nice things said about you from them, they only listen to the bad things, and if them bad things arnt bad enough... the ss will twist the comments untill they are bad enough. and one more thing, please, speak nicely and co-operate fully with the social services but whatever you do, dont ever trust them, they are not trustworthy in any sense and can happily sleep at night knowing that they have destroyed a family... dont know how, but they manage to do it well.... must be the pound signs in bonuses they have made!

yes, sorry to confirm this... at least 6 months! and please dont rely on your health visitor or midwife to put in a good word for you as the ss dont listen to any nice things said about you from them, they only listen to the bad things, and if them bad things arnt bad enough... the ss will twist the comments untill they are bad enough. and one more thing, please, speak nicely and co-operate fully with the social services but whatever you do, dont ever trust them, they are not trustworthy in any sense and can happily sleep at night knowing that they have destroyed a family... dont know how, but they manage to do it well.... must be the pound signs in bonuses they have made!

I completely agree.

I made the massive mistake of telling them to go frig off when they first got involved.

It cost me my job , my self respect and a huge part of my sanity.

They will grind you down and make you doubt your own actions and thoughts, the best bit of advice i can give is to tell your friends to keep strong and stand firm :)

They had been out, it was their first night out in at least a year, and her very first drink since getting pregnant. We all stayed out longer than we should have, and, apart from me who drank nothing, drank too much. I don't think she intended to go home to her child in such a state, but that is what happened. He wasn't as drunk as her, nowhere near. Of course, in an ideal world, the baby would have been away from home, staying with its Grandma, at her house. But with them being 'good parents' and following guidelines from the midwife, they didn't want the baby near his mothers cats and large dog, who doesn't like children, and they weren't keen on her spending the night away from home.

But, she got too drunk, and had to go home, where her baby was. I don't think any of them would have ever intended to put their daughter in danger, even though they probably did so just by going home drunk. It was certainly a one off event, and not the type of thing that would be repeated week in, week out for the rest of the child's life.

My partner wants to know, what rights have they actually got to stop our friend seeing his child?

If his partner brings the child to see him, what would SS do? Would they then actually take the child off them if they found out? What actual rights have they got to start doing things such as this without any concrete proof that the child is in danger?

My partner wants to know, what rights have they actually got to stop our friend seeing his child?

If his partner brings the child to see him, what would SS do? Would they then actually take the child off them if they found out? What actual rights have they got to start doing things such as this without any concrete proof that the child is in danger?

The worse thing that your friend could do now is to see the baby, that is exactly what they want and if it goes to court they will tear him apart with it.

If the woman has signed an agreement with the ss then breaks it the ss do have the power to remove the child but they have to go to court for an emergency interim care order from the judge and they can only get one granted if the judge believes the child is at risk of significant danger x

Having said that...

The social services will have your friends down as being un cooperative and this will put a major black mark against their name.

As I've said, I do understand they have genuine concerns, there was a child in the house and some type of 'domestic violence' whoever was committing it. but is it all a standard procedure? To me, these are the measures they should be taking in a full on child abuse case, i.e, the father has been abusing his child.

This will tell you all you need to know about Sheffield Safeguarding Procedures:

http://sheffieldscb.proceduresonline.com/chapters/contents.html#managing

Yes, that's what I thought but is she certain she didn't say that? If she doesn't remember it's quite possible she did.

The worse thing that your friend could do now is to see the baby, that is exactly what they want and if it goes to court they will tear him apart with it.

If the woman has signed an agreement with the ss then breaks it the ss do have the power to remove the child but they have to go to court for an emergency interim care order from the judge and they can only get one granted if the judge believes the child is at risk of significant danger x

My partner wears blinkers at all times... "They can't do this though, they ant got no rights!" - he doesn't see that they actually can!

So is all this because of the agreement that she signed? She says she didn't know what it was for at the time of signing :roll: She didn't realise until afterwards. If she had just refused to sign it, would all this not be going on, or would they have done something else like taking the baby?

I've got a lot of questions on this, I didn't have a clue they would go to such extremes!

Sorry I'm posting this on a huge delay now, as my midwife just came to do my 36 week pregnancy home check, and I blew a 0 on my carbon monoxide breath test, as I haven't smoked for 4 days, go me :hihi: