Any help with houses on the Badger estate please

what ever you do dont buy a house on there full of jobbers and no hopers let there kids run wild while mum or dad sits in front of tv drinking or smoking that smelly stuff the top end of the estate going towards woodhouse village is not that bad its more down in the middle and on that deadend i think they call it goathland drive thats full of people that you would find on jeremy kyle

I know people that live on there and you couldn't be further from the truth, there's good and bad on every estate or street and tarring everyone with the same brush is unfair and wrong.

Exactly wot I thought have already met a couple of very nice people on there and why does kids playing out have to meen that?

what ever you do dont buy a house on there full of jobbers and no hopers let there kids run wild while mum or dad sits in front of tv drinking or smoking that smelly stuff the top end of the estate going towards woodhouse village is not that bad its more down in the middle and on that deadend i think they call it goathland drive thats full of people that you would find on jeremy kyle

I`ve got 4 kids I`m a single dad & always no where my kids are they definatly aren`t out terrorising the streets of the estate and yes I do live on the Badger estate it has had it`s problems just like everywhere else. It`s a good estate that should be due for regeneration soon. the houses are of non standard construction concrete not brick the end houses are bricked up on one end but don`t know when this happened . Mortgages can be a problem for these properties unfortunatly. The flat roofs can throw problems up for insurance purposes aswell.all in all it`s agood estate the end nearest badger road does see a little more action but hey it`s rough with the smooth,we keep ourselves to our selve and I`ve walked round estate at all hours. the houses are good sized and mine was built 1964 it`s got cracks in walls the floors are bit uneven but not bad for a house that wasn`t meant to last that many years!

Edited by tahititwo
spelling etc

just because you may have come across a few jobbers and no hopers doesnt mean everyones like that :loopy:

Theres a house for sale top of badger rise that looks decent

Try Halifax or Natwest for a morgage they lend on flat roof houses

Have gone with Santander. They will mortgage them as long as the flat roof is in good order.

I love the houses they are lovely inside and just what me n kids need. I personally think the area is ok my kids will be able to play out unlike where we live now.

I`ve got 4 kids I`m a single dad & always no where my kids are they definatly aren`t out terrorising the streets of the estate and yes I do live on the Badger estate it has had it`s problems just like everywhere else. It`s a good estate that should be due for regeneration soon. the houses are of non standard construction concrete not brick the end houses are bricked up on one end but don`t know when this happened . Mortgages can be a problem for these properties unfortunatly. The flat roofs can throw problems up for insurance purposes aswell.all in all it`s agood estate the end nearest badger road does see a little more action but hey it`s rough with the smooth,we keep ourselves to our selve and I`ve walked round estate at all hours. the houses are good sized and mine was built 1964 it`s got cracks in walls the floors are bit uneven but not bad for a house that wasn`t meant to last that many years!

dont get me wrong theres about 20% of people that live on there that make it a not so nice place to live for the rest of us selling drugs on the dead end while kids 3,4,5 years old playing near by and its them kids that i feel sorry for as its there mums and dads that are buying / selling the stuff theres a few young familys where the mums and dads cant even look after them selfs never minds a few kids and social service seam to be on the dead end more and more