Cavalier King Charles Spaniel..

Hi

I am looking to get a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel Pup, Does anyone know any respectable breeders in the area?

thanks

Please be so very careful when buying a cavalier. There are some rubbish breeders around.

You need to buy from a breeder who has used health tested parents as there are significant health issues within the breed. Both parents should be MRI scanned clear for syringomyelia eye and heart tested . The breeder should have cetificates for you to see not just a note from the vet.

Please PM if I can be of further help

Please be so very careful when buying a cavalier. There are some rubbish breeders around.

You need to buy from a breeder who has used health tested parents as there are significant health issues within the breed. Both parents should be MRI scanned clear for syringomyelia eye and heart tested . The breeder should have cetificates for you to see not just a note from the vet.

Hi thanks for replying i know all that already I've grown up with cavalier dad used to breed them himself for 18 years but now i live 300 miles from him and he doesnt do it anymore hence why i asked about reputable breeders!

So sorry did not mean to insult your knowlegde of cavaliers

The health tests need to be done prior to breeding not when the dogs are much younger, which is what a lot of breeders have certificates for, these horrendous health problems these little dogs have probably wont show up when they are young, so do check the certificates thoroughly, I feel so strongly about the health issues with this breed.

So sorry did not mean to insult your knowlegde of cavaliers

Its fine you didn't! Lol

Have a look here, im not saying these are good respectable breeders but its a starting point for you, but these are litter recently advertised in our area with the kennel club.

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/findapuppy/display.aspx?breed=6149&area=4

Thanks great help Il have a look at them!