Incubator problem - can anyone advise?

Introducing our new arrivals!

One egg hatched, the Maran hybrid at the front, so had to find a little pal; she’s a day older and is a Cream Legbar. I decided on the Legbar as they are an autosexing breed.

Chez2, I don’t have any cockerels running with my girls; I buy in supposedly fertile eggs to hatch. Hope you get some Marans sorted.

Introducing our new arrivals!

One egg hatched, the Maran hybrid at the front, so had to find a little pal; she’s a day older and is a Cream Legbar. I decided on the Legbar as they are an autosexing breed.

Chez2, I don’t have any cockerels running with my girls; I buy in supposedly fertile eggs to hatch. Hope you get some Marans sorted.

Fantastic ohfunkit so glad they made it :)

Well done! Its a shame the bulb went and you didn't get more to hatch. They are usually more sensitve at the early stages of incubation. I had a power cut for several hours at later stages and had a good result.

Not all my eggs were fertile as it was getting to the end of the season for Croads, they are more winter layers. I put them in as a fertility test as I had been asked to sell some eggs but as it was getting to the end of their season I wanted to check fertility rate first. I have four black and three white chicks hatched. I did have two more but they had splayed legs (not caused by a slippy incy floor) so I culled them. They have to be top class birds if I'm going to sell or breed them. I have a potential buyer for a white pullet and a few blacks so fingers crossed.

I have a cream legbar trio so I will be breeding those next year. I am looking into maran egg availability for next year. I know someone else who is looking for marans too.