Broken bones and accidents

One of the daftest things I ever did was wait for it cutting a pair of Dr martin boots up,I wanted to see what was inside a pair of Dr martin air wear boots, so I took my Mom's electric carving knife to them ,half way through them with my hand tightly holding the boot down on the kitchen bench I noticed blood running on the bench then I realised I had cut the tip of my finger off ,there was a bit of skin still holding the tip of my finger together,I screamed out in pain and my Dad came running in saw what had happened grabbed a tea towel and took me off to hospital, they stitched it back together and I still have the finger but its a funny shape and not much use.:loopy:

Edited by Shogun

Can anyone give me some advice medical or legal would help. My granddaughter aged six months was in her mothers arms, when she tripped over the dog and my granddaughter ended up with a broken leg. At the moment she is in Hospital, but know one believes her story they are very suspicious. This is her fourth child and youngest. Can anyone give any advise on this please.

hope the child is ok ,dont worry when children are admitted to a+e there are people trained to spot abuse ,important question is do you and her partner believe her?

hope the child has a speedy recovery

Can anyone give me some advice medical or legal would help. My granddaughter aged six months was in her mothers arms, when she tripped over the dog and my granddaughter ended up with a broken leg. At the moment she is in Hospital, but know one believes her story they are very suspicious. This is her fourth child and youngest. Can anyone give any advise on this please.

A similar thing happened to us, when my daughter was 6 months old. Grandma was carrying her from the car to to the house, when she tripped over the causeway edge. My daughter got a huge bump and bruise on her forehead, and was taken to the Childrens hospital. I was interviewed, and so was my Mother-In-Law separately, but they were satisfied that it was, in fact an accident. They kept my daughter in overnight, and she was fine.

I wouldn't worry too much -they have to be really careful.

I once impaled myself onto a steel spike and made the front page of the local newspaper as I it went straight through my rib cage without hitting any vital organs. I was told this was incredibly spawney, though I never understood what was so spawney about falling onto a steel spike myself:confused:.

Strangely enough this wasn't actually a painful experience and after it was removed I only required a couple of stitches and was able to walk home from the hospital after only a few hours.

hope the child is ok ,dont worry when children are admitted to a+e there are people trained to spot abuse ,important question is do you and her partner believe her?

hope the child has a speedy recovery

Yes her partner was in the room at the same time, the problem is the hospital dont believe them although this is there fourth child, and there is no reason to doubt them.

Got anther good one for you" I went up and ran a bath to get ready to go out one night and just as I was about to get in the bath the missus shouted fancy a glass of wine and some company in the bath then,yes ok I shouted,just as I said that I heard the phone ring downstairs,the next thing the missus shouts its for you so I put a towel around my self and ran down the stairs, just as I got to the bottom of the stairs I felt the most excruciating pain in my life,she had left the two glasses of wine on the stairs to go and answer the phone, and I stood on them crunch, loads of blood everywhere its amazing how much blood came out of the cuts I had to go to the hospital as there was bits of glass stuck in the under side of my foot the pain was unbelievable, I could not walk for a month and I could not get my shoe on for weeks.:o

Edited by Shogun

I was in a car crash and on unconscious for a month …………….. you can mend bones but how do you replace a month’s lost memory?

And yet people have a dig at my spelling , the last thing on my mind is my spelling.

Edited by Grandad.Malky

I had a bad motorcycle accident when I was 17, I was unconscious for 12 days and it was over 20 years after the accident that I started remembering bits of what happened on that day, nearly 40 years on and I still can only recall a bit of what happened,its strange the tricks your brain can play on you.

Yes her partner was in the room at the same time, the problem is the hospital dont believe them although this is there fourth child, and there is no reason to doubt them.
One night a few years ago I was trying to get my 4 year old daughter to go to bed as I was holding here hand and pulling here up the stairs she pulled back and the next thing she yelp out in pain and here arm had dis located from the shoulder joint I picked here up and rushed to the hospital, they asked me how it happened and I explained the best way I could,they made me feel very uncomfortable with all there questions treating me like some kind of brute or something, and I love my daughter and would not dream of hurting here one bit.

I had a bad motorcycle accident when I was 17, I was unconscious for 12 days and it was over 20 years after the accident that I started remembering bits of what happened on that day, nearly 40 years on and I still can only recall a bit of what happened,its strange the tricks your brain can play on you.

My accident was nearly 40 years ago and I still don’t recall a thing ………… I cant even remember being in hospital but yet people have a go because I can’t remember how to spell certain words …………. It’s a funny old world.