Nether Edge Lib Dems

Dear Nether Edge Liberal Democrats,

When you deliver a leaflet to a house that has a locked gate, please lock it when you leave. When you leave it unlocked and open, you could risk a dog escaping and potentially being killed on the road. There's usually a reason we have locked gates.

I appreciate that probably you won't do as I request; I emailed you last year asking you to stop bombarding my house with the almost daily leaflets detailing Paul Scriven's attempts to be an MP. I did this on the grounds that you won't have my vote anyway so I didn't need your leaflets, and even if I was undecided the amount of literature was excessive. You didn't respond and carried on with the unwanted and unnecessary literature (which fivefold exceeded that supplied by the next most leafleteering party)

Please, on this occasion, pay some respect to us, will you? Whilst I personally don't make my voting decisions based on the rudeness of the candidate and their representatives, some might.

When you deliver a leaflet to a house that has a locked gate, please lock it when you leave. When you leave it unlocked and open, you could risk a dog escaping and potentially being killed on the road. There's usually a reason we have locked gates.

I appreciate that probably you won't do as I request; I emailed you last year asking you to stop bombarding my house with the almost daily leaflets detailing Paul Scriven's attempts to be an MP. I did this on the grounds that you won't have my vote anyway so I didn't need your leaflets, and even if I was undecided the amount of literature was excessive. You didn't respond and carried on with the unwanted and unnecessary literature (which fivefold exceeded that supplied by the next most leafleteering party)

Please, on this occasion, pay some respect to us, will you? Whilst I personally don't make my voting decisions based on the rudeness of the candidate and their representatives, some might.

Write to them again (recorded delivery - send a copy to yourself too - but don't open it, keep it safe;)) informing that you have withdrawn their implied right of access. If they then post more rubbish, you can sue them for trespass (which would be highly embarrassing for them).

Edited by sccsux

Write to them again (recorded delivery - send a copy to yourself too - but don't open it, keep it safe;)) informing that you have withdrawn their implied right of access. If they then post more rubbish, you can sue them for trespass (which would be highly embarrassing for them).

I have thought about taking that sort of stance. TBH, I don't begrudge any party the right to promote their view, but last year it got to the point that I could draw Scriven's face from memory, such was his presence in my letter box. I wasn't surprised that they ignored my request to stop leafleting me last year, but today they could have killed one of my dogs by leaving a previously locked gate unlocked

I have thought about taking that sort of stance. TBH, I don't begrudge any party the right to promote their view, but last year it got to the point that I could draw Scriven's face from memory, such was his presence in my letter box. I wasn't surprised that they ignored my request to stop leafleting me last year, but today they could have killed one of my dogs by leaving a previously locked gate unlocked

I'm in the next district, (Sharrow) and I suspect it's he same team as in Nether Edge doing the deliveries of the leaflets, as they also seem incapable of comprehending that if they've opened the gate to get in, it's only polite (and common sense) to close the darn thing after themselves.

It's not hard, and it's not exactly any more work to close the gate. It's just infuriating to have to be constantly checking that the gate is fastened. I don't want my little dog to end up escaping and going under a car, either.

I don't want my little dog to end up escaping and going under a car, either.

Get a big dog and leave it loose in the "secure enclosure". It'll be them running under a car instead of the dog:hihi:.

Get a big dog and leave it loose in the "secure enclosure". It'll be them running under a car instead of the dog:hihi:.

lol, with the problems I'm having with a trespasser, I've been talking about borrowing my friend's American bulldog, who is like a mastiff in size (think Hooch from "Turner and Hooch")

This was said before, if you often have your dogs out in the garden area, get a letter box for the gate. It's not just at election time that people deliver leaflets. The supermarkets and free newspapers are round several times a week. Saves on the trauma of chasing round after your escaped dog.

Although if your gate was really locked, not sure how they managed to get in in the first place?

This was said before, if you often have your dogs out in the garden area, get a letter box for the gate. It's not just at election time that people deliver leaflets. The supermarkets and free newspapers are round several times a week. Saves on the trauma of chasing round after your escaped dog.

Although if your gate was really locked, not sure how they managed to get in in the first place?

It is only good manners to leave the gate closed, though, Natjack. No matter what time of year it is.

When you deliver a leaflet to a house that has a locked gate, please lock it when you leave.

How are they managing to unlock it? Do you leave the key somewhere for them to use? If so, then presumably you've told them where they key is, so just contact them again.

Guest sibon
How are they managing to unlock it? Do you leave the key somewhere for them to use? If so, then presumably you've told them where they key is, so just contact them again.

Why should the OP contact them again? They have already been contacted and yet the Lib Dems seem curiously unconcerned by the wishes of a voter.

Something that they have managed to magnify roughly 5 million times, when you consider their contribution to our national politics.

Is shutting the gate beneath a party of government?