Best place for steak & chips meal

Can anyone recommend a restaurant or pub where they do a good steak & chips meal ?

Early bird is two courses for £8.95. See link I posted earlier. Wed night is big steak night - a monster 32oz job. They do some nice sauces to go with your steak and all mains come with a choice of chips spuds and salad / veggies. Big portions as well as nice food. The veg even include something a little bit different - battered brocolli for instance.

Bar and Grill, Leopold Square is v good.... but also recently had good steaks at Strada &Wick at both Ends.

London Club is also supposed to be good - but haven't made it there yet.

Early bird is two courses for £8.95. See link I posted earlier. Wed night is big steak night - a monster 32oz job. They do some nice sauces to go with your steak and all mains come with a choice of chips spuds and salad / veggies. Big portions as well as nice food. The veg even include something a little bit different - battered brocolli for instance.

I dont think I can manage the 32 oz monster, am going to try the two course meal as the menu sounds interesting

Cheers :D

ellis island, las vegas

London Club on Surrey Street is delicious!

I have just looked at some reviews for the london club and the food sounds excellent

Cheers :D

Another vote for the London Club, it's excellent (although less good since they stopped offering a choice of sauces to go with your steak!) The steak at the Wig and Pen is pretty nice too. Not yet tried the new Bar and Grill in Leopold Sq but have heard good things.

If you don't mind a drive out Rother Valley way, I can't recommend The Traveller's Rest enough. Their steak night is Thursday, 6 - 8.30pm. A good choice of steaks with fantastic sauces (not that they're needed, mind - the steaks are perfect on their own), served with handcut chips and proper, beer-battered onion rings. I usually go for an 8oz fillet, my husband the 16oz porterhouse.

There is another thread here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=526149