Best indian resturant south sheffield

craigmason

I dont claim to be an expert on curries like yourself!! but i have tried all the restaurants around me and my findings like many others is that Kashmiri Aroma is far superior for having a nice night out, i enjoy the bar and chat with staff before i eat.

If you have tried all the places around Kashmiri Aroma then you live in the same area as me. I never said I am an expert but travel all over the place with work and in my oppinion if you are having a curry in Woodseats and fancy something good go to Viraaj, something alright go to DIlshad and something a bit below standard go to the Kashmiri Aroma.

But at the end of the day fella its just an oppinion and I'm not asking you out for dinner so you go where you want.

The one complaint I have about the Viraaj (and it's not really a complaint) is that I used to drink in the Woodseats before it shut down to become the restaurant!

Its really all about individual opinions. Some people base what they like on various different things. Ive been to all three curry houses on Woodseats.

Ive been going to the Dilshad since it opened and have always enjoyed it. Ive been to Kashmiri Aroma on the one occassion and didnt find too much there that would make me stop going to Dilshad, price being one and the food was no better.

As for Viraaj, ive been a couple of times and can say this is now my curry house of choice, not a bad word to say about the place.

If you want to travel a little bit further, i highly recommend the Curry Inn at Dronfield, the wood pigeon jalfrezi is delicious!

East and West or Dhanisthas are the only places you can truly get an authentic freshly cooked curry in my opinion.

Every other place serves up the same old westernised slop which I am half convinced are all made in a big warehouse somewhere and shipped all over the city....

All swimming in oil and packed out with salt.

East and West or Dhanisthas are the only places you can truly get an authentic freshly cooked curry in my opinion.

Every other place serves up the same old westernised slop which I am half convinced are all made in a big warehouse somewhere and shipped all over the city....

All swimming in oil and packed out with salt.

The Weston slop as u call it made the chicken tikka massala uk's number one dish? The chains of restaurants cook every thing an ship it out from a wherhouse not ur local Indians as iv explained in my other posts if you go to north of India the food is diff in the south it's diff! It varies state to state east n west and that other one are south Indian so ur eating the food from south India most of the Indian restaurants in Sheffield are ran n owned by bangladeshis and pakistanis (all used to be apart of India when the first curry houses opened in the uk) there cooking is diff from these 2 places ur talking about it's not because they are doing real Indian food it's just diff style of cooking :D