Which martial art?

I've always given 'Academies' a wide birth. . they are usually quite non-descript in which Martial Art they are teaching, although they're website mentions a few, so you think your kid is learning them all. .

I had a chat with a friend who recently 'enrolled' his son in an 'academy' I asked him a few questions on what his son is actually being taught and what grading system is being used. . . I also raised some questions on whether the 'academy' is just printing it's own certificates as I've known this to happen in the past. .

To any parent who's son or daughter wants to get into martial arts: Do your research.

At this young age, forget grading, as long as they enjoy it, thats what counts... our young ones run around kick and punch bags, and generally enjoy themselves, they learn the correct technique as they get older, tire them out and make sure their having fun is what its all about at 5 yrs old...