Clary Sage to encourage labour

I'm currently 6 days overdue with baby number 3 and have heard that Clary Sage oil in a bath can help encourage labour? I've really had enough now, I'm constantly uncomfortable and a right mardy mare lol! I know that babies come when they're ready but I really do not want to be induced again like I was with my 2nd baby!!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated :D

I have heard it can be really good never tried it as I had a early c section. Also heard eating fresh pineapple is really good too! good luck home your little one comes soon!

x

Ive been and bought some from Boots today, heard some good reports about it, will let you know the outcome!

I know how you feel, Im 11days overdue now and tried everything, even the midwfie has given me a sweep but nothin seems to have worked though havn't tried the oil. Iv been contracting for a while now so I think things are finally happening.

I hope things get a move on for you soon.

xxx

I know how you feel, Im 11days overdue now and tried everything, even the midwfie has given me a sweep but nothin seems to have worked though havn't tried the oil. Iv been contracting for a while now so I think things are finally happening.

I hope things get a move on for you soon.

xxx

Oh poor you tattoogirl - hope todays is the day!

Oh poor you tattoogirl - hope todays is the day!

thanks madasfish, I think things are finally happening but if not Im being induced on thursday :D

It works if you rub it on a pressure point on your calf.

Have a google to find the position, but from memory it is about 3 or 4 fingers up from the ankle and towards the back of the leg a finger.

Sounds barking, but I have seen it work.

well hope you have that baby in your arms very soon!

It works if you rub it on a pressure point on your calf.

Have a google to find the position, but from memory it is about 3 or 4 fingers up from the ankle and towards the back of the leg a finger.

Sounds barking, but I have seen it work.

Oooooh I've not heard that one, will definitely try it! I had a bath in it last night, 6 drops as it states on the bottle and...........NOWT lol, although I must admit, it really relaxed me. I'm going to have another bath in it soon and try rubbing it into my calf.

Thanks for everyone's input, I'll let you know how I get on! :thumbsup:

Tattoogirl, hope its sooner rather than later for you, induction is flippin awful lol!

Nowt from my side Busy...I think I may have single handedly proven every old wives tale wrong lol. But hey its fun trying and it takes your mind off the waiting :hihi:

No baby for me either, although had a lot of contractions all day but nothing regular. I had a bath in it last night (was tempted to put the whole bottle in lol) will try the leg massage tonight and have also been advised to drop some onto a wet flannel and lay that over bump?!?!?