Did anyone work at Osborn Steels between 1966 and 1970?

• 2 months later...
I worked for Osborns from 66 until they transferred me to their South African subsidiary in 69. My bosses were Peter Comber and Paul Lever, so everyone called me Mary after the pop group. Now retired in Florida.

Hi Twiggy. I remember you well. I worked in Marketing, then for Bernard Cotton and finally at Parkhouse. They asked me to go to S Africa too but I turned it down. I remember Paul Lever too and got on well with him. I always wondered what happened to him.

I can remember many a lunchtime in the Big Gun with you and other members of staff. They were good years.

Hi Hanstos. Your granfathers name was George Henstock I knew in well ,and I must say he was as mad as a march hare. I once saw him walk through the forge in his underpants and that is not a lie. He even Headed a housebrick. He was wednesdayite and I was blade. He was a good dart thrower as well.

• 3 months later...

I worked on the 16" Rolling Mill as a Slinger and Radiac operator in 1972 with a GREAT bunch of Irish guys, I was in my mid 20's and had just come from South Africa. I now live in Canada just wandered if anyone remembers me...Our gaffer was Fred Willoughby...Cheers Denys Peel.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 23/02/2016 at 21:37, yorkyman said:

Hi my dad Ron Smith used to work in the office on Rutland road. Anyone remember him?

Hi Yorkyman, I worked in the offices at Rutland Road, what years did your dad work there?  I can remember a Ron (but can't remember his surname, who was a manager and the main General Manager was called Michael Fitzclarke, I worked there in the late 70's  and the company was acquired by Aurora Holdings, who had the big blue factory in Ecclesfield.

Thinking about it today the surname of the guy I knew might have been Cookson,

Edited by 3 Topside
remember name

Hello everybody

My dad worked under the hammers in the wicker

& moved to regent works on Penistone rd His name was 

Ted chambers I am Young Ted who also worked under the

hammers ..be nice to talk & bring back a few memories Ted