Road surfacing has our council got its priorities all wrong!!

I agree, the same thing happens with parks, cemeteries and schools. They have separate funding and pay for the work themselves. Street Force only do the public highway but if it is Street Force doing the work then as they belong to the council, the council will be overseeing the work. Basically it is a contract job, Veolia is a private company and they will have put the work out to tender.

contract job or not , by whatever dept you want to say, streetforce, parks, waste dept it WILL be paid for by the council, not Veolia! they are the private operators paid for & working on behalf of the council for day to day running of the tip.. no more, they have no financial interest in the land, they do not pay for the maintainance and upkeep of council property and the access roads:loopy::loopy:

contract job or not , by whatever dept you want to say, streetforce, parks, waste dept it WILL be paid for by the council, not Veolia! they are the private operators paid for & working on behalf of the council for day to day running of the tip.. no more, they have no financial interest in the land, they do not pay for the maintainance and upkeep of council property and the access roads:loopy::loopy:

This thread is getting tedious!

It's not a big deal - small bit of well-used road needed tarmaccing, small bit of well-used road got tarmacced!

Veolia run the city's waste disposal operation, said bit of road on Veolia land, Veolia pay for repair.

This thread is getting tedious!

It's not a big deal - small bit of well-used road needed tarmaccing, small bit of well-used road got tarmacced!

Veolia run the city's waste disposal operation, said bit of road on Veolia land, Veolia pay for repair.

if its so tedious butt out then!!

it is a big deal when miles of public highways goes unrepaired or bodged!

get your facts right will you, as you so rightly said "Veolia run" the site end of ! they do not own the land and they do not pay to repair it or its service roads. or are you one of these people that doesnt care as you dont pay anything towards the council services??? so its not your money thats being wasted:rant:

Roads do not get repaired if they don't need it!

I don't have a problem with a stretch of tarmac at the entrance of a site the public use being fixed! Why would anyone?!

Not seen much action round Sheffield south, think a small stretch on Archer Rd has been resufaced but everywhere round it is swiss cheese!

Fraser Rd, Huttcliffe Wood rd (really bad either way), Lowedges Rd, Dyche Lane, Chesterfield Rd (mainly near Valley Rd) to name but a few lol.

What gets my back up is how impossible it is to claim against the council for the damage that has been caused to my car. Your some how supposed to prove to the council that they knew about that particular pothole that caused damage to your car before you ring to register a claim. Aside from getting a mate to ring 30 minutes before to report the pothole your going to claim against how the funk are your supposed to get any progress?

I'm a suspension arm down this winter because of our 'smooth as glass' roads and have NO chance of getting any compo

Good old Sheffield shi**y council!

Roads do not get repaired if they don't need it!

I don't have a problem with a stretch of tarmac at the entrance of a site the public use being fixed! Why would anyone?!

you just do not get it do you?? its not a road as in public highway its a "service road" which vehicles travel at no more than 5-10mph and as such should be a low priority for repairs when far more important roads need doing.

oh and its not just the entrance its very large areas of the whole road & yard which has been planed down properly and then tarmac laid, i.e not bodge patching like hutcliffe wood road 2 weeks ago which is now as bad as ever!

now i am getting bored trying to get through!! its not rocket science is it?

Veolia could have had someone like Colas or Tarmack to do the job and then the council via Street Force would have lost a nice little earner. These jobs provide a lot of income.

you just do not get it do you?? its not a road as in public highway its a "service road" which vehicles travel at no more than 5-10mph and as such should be a low priority for repairs when far more important roads need doing.

oh and its not just the entrance its very large areas of the whole road & yard which has been planed down properly and then tarmac laid, i.e not bodge patching like hutcliffe wood road 2 weeks ago which is now as bad as ever!

now i am getting bored trying to get through!! its not rocket science is it?

Where Sheffield Council used to park their bin lorries on Berners Road, Veolia paid a lot of money to have the site upgraded and tarmacked, it provided work and income to the council as well as improving the site, all of which is good for the council and Sheffielders generally.

Where Sheffield Council used to park their bin lorries on Berners Road, Veolia paid a lot of money to have the site upgraded and tarmacked, it provided work and income to the council as well as improving the site, all of which is good for the council and Sheffielders generally.

so what you are saying is veolia paid the council to do the work for them :suspect:giving sheffield extra income,:suspect: even though veolia do not own the site and are on contract to the council to run it for them.................well i take my hat off to the council for coming up with such a cunning plan to lead veolia down the garden path and into paying for the work GENIUS:hihi::hihi::loopy::loopy:

i dont think you understand private service companies like veolia:hihi:

I work for the company doing the re-surfacing, it is veolia that are paying for the work and as far as I am aware all of the sites in and around Sheffield are to be re-surfaced (patched up) due to years of daily wear and tear taking its toll on the current road infrastructure

I work for the company doing the re-surfacing, it is veolia that are paying for the work and as far as I am aware all of the sites in and around Sheffield are to be re-surfaced (patched up) due to years of daily wear and tear taking its toll on the current road infrastructure

Thats cleared that up then. :thumbsup:

whats it matter the roads around beighton are shxt especially robin lane but by the time this government has done we wont have any roads left to tarmac it will be back to dirt tracks and horses and carts lol just imagine going down the

m1 on a horse and getting nabed with pc plod you were doing fifty strides a minute and the limit is 30 strides a minute ha