Data entry (work from home) is it a scam?

I am looking for a job at the moment. I am looking for something permanent, but would do temporary work in the meantime. I have various email alerts and keep seeing data entry clerks advertised where you can work from home. This seems like a good idea as my computer skills are good and I used to do data entry when I was a student (and was v. fast at it).

However, work from home jobs are often scams. Does anyone do data entry from home? Am I likely to work for a week and then not get paid or some such thing?

In my experience you should avoid Date Entry jobs like the plague! There's a reason they sound so convenient, and there's a reason that not everyone is doing it!

I know a number of people who have done similar jobs whilst trying to make enough money to eat as a student and the like, but I'm sure that like most jobs there is the capacity for exploitation. I suppose it comes down to the individual agency.

I am looking for a job at the moment. I am looking for something permanent, but would do temporary work in the meantime. I have various email alerts and keep seeing data entry clerks advertised where you can work from home. This seems like a good idea as my computer skills are good and I used to do data entry when I was a student (and was v. fast at it).

However, work from home jobs are often scams. Does anyone do data entry from home? Am I likely to work for a week and then not get paid or some such thing?

It is very easy to find out if you see an interesting job;

1) Ask about them on the forum; users are very quick to respond to such requests!

2) Search on Google

3) It's then your judgement call!

Best of luck.