The Buccaneer

Anyone remember the "Bucc" in the 70's, sticky floors, plastic glasses, the huge snakeskin over the bar, George Webster the DJ, that feeling that you had gone deaf when you went outside or the strange sweet, herbal smell in the far corner where the big speakers were :

The clothes - Afghan coats, stack heel boots ,smilie patches, Mr Freedom Shirts and jeans.

The Music - Race with the devil, Gun. Run Run Run, Jo Jo Gunne. Wells Fargo, Babe Ruth. Frankenstein, Edgar Winter.

Those were the days, well mine anyway.

Al

Check out the Buccaneer website:

Buccaneer

Was a bit young to go in at the time, but a mate and me went to Stoke Hall at Grindleford once and he reckons the fixtures came from the Bucanneer plastic mermaids and tables with compasses on etc.Does that sound right?

If any one is inerested in Buc' memorabilia, I know where you can get your hands on the big map that used to be in there, (at the right price that is)

yes i can recall friday nights,everybody packed like sardines it was a work of art getting a pint of beer to your lips.they used to have the old chunky pint pot before they went plastic.

I've Got One Of Those Chunky Pint Pots.I "Liberated" It Just Before They Shut The Wap Down.I Imagine It Probably Came From The Buccaneer Originally.

Shhhh..Don't Tell Marge Or Olga.