Car Customisation

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me who is experienced in customising cars.

I have a Pug 307, and I want to give it more resale value for when I sell it next year, and I want to enjoy driving it and not feeling like it is an old persons car!

I have been looking around and have seen some rear lights I would like to put on it, and I'm also considering having it resprayed in BMW stratus grey. These ideas have come from here:

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/16546/modified-peugeot-307-hdi-pictures

I don't want it to look chavy, and I think that type of job (without the body kit and huge tyres) looks pretty slick, almost has a poor mans sirocco look to it!

If anyone could give me their thoughts and experience it would be great, and if anyone can tell what rear lights the guy from that link has used it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Jon

If anyone could give me their thoughts and experience

Don’t buy a French car. :shakes:

Why go to the trouble (and expense) of modifying it if you're going to sell it? You won't get back what you spend on it. :suspect:

Don’t buy a French car. :shakes:

Peugeots are best cars on road and hold value, the engines will go round clock at least 3 times and bodywork is galvanised so doesn't rot. We had a 1988 305 that went through 5 tests and passed every one. The only reason we got rid of it was that some p*****k ran into back of it while OH was stopped at red light. He admitted responsibility but his insurance company wouldn't pay for repair because of age they said it was uneconomical. We were gutted. We then had 405 which we sold to buy 406 because we needed bit more space

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me who is experienced in customising cars.

I have a Pug 307, and I want to give it more resale value for when I sell it next year, and I want to enjoy driving it and not feeling like it is an old persons car!

I have been looking around and have seen some rear lights I would like to put on it, and I'm also considering having it resprayed in BMW stratus grey. These ideas have come from here:

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/16546/modified-peugeot-307-hdi-pictures

I don't want it to look chavy, and I think that type of job (without the body kit and huge tyres) looks pretty slick, almost has a poor mans sirocco look to it!

If anyone could give me their thoughts and experience it would be great, and if anyone can tell what rear lights the guy from that link has used it would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Jon

I actually like the look of that, sort of euro styling.

If you don't want to devalue your car though, I would go for subtle mods that can be removed when you want to sell. Probably best having a look on the pug forums though.

A car crusher is pretty good for customising Peugeots! ... turn it into a cube, put a sheet of plate glass on the top and hey presto! ... coffee table! :o

You'd get a lot more for it too! :P

Peugeots are best cars on road and hold value,

I will stick by my post ………. Don’t buy a French car ….. or as Alcoblog says turn it into a cube. :hihi:

I will stick by my post ………. Don’t buy a French car ….. or as Alcoblog says turn it into a cube. :hihi:

French cars are indeed atrocious and are only beaten by Italian cars in the atrocious stakes.

French cars are indeed atrocious and are only beaten by Italian cars in the atrocious stakes.

:hihi:

For some reason by brother stands by Fiat, each to there own. :loopy:

So all in all, very off topic french car digs and no advice (other than sarcasm) given? Great! Any serious answers (yes i realise this invites even more french car jokes) would be welcomed. Any help Mods?

:hihi:

For some reason by brother stands by Fiat, each to there own. :loopy:

Tell him never to get an Alfa :hihi:

Not sure about that.

I'm always struck by how many ancient Renaults which are alive and well in France when I go on holiday, particularly in the more rural areas.