The living dead at the manchester morgue

just watching the video nasties definitive guide disc 3 (it features trailers and intros for all the films on the video naties list of the early 80s)

anyway

i never knew, but the guy whos an expert on the film in question just said the majority of this film was actually shot in sheffield??

anybody remember?

got any further info?

i always presumed it WAS filmed in manchester / italy

I remember the film, we got it from the video shop in the early 80s. The title was done to make it look like The Living Dead, the rest of the title was in a much smaller font. WE realised there was something a bit odd when those Orange and white double decker buses rolled by.

Like you though, I thought it was filmed in Italy and Manc.

I'll have to try and find it again.

I remember the film, we got it from the video shop in the early 80s. The title was done to make it look like The Living Dead, the rest of the title was in a much smaller font.

apparently the film has a lot of titles and "the living dead" is one of them, but over here we knew it as the living dead at the manchester morgue, prolly done as you described due to it also being titled the living dead?

from the internet movie database

"The film has a grand total of 16 alternate titles from its various international releases."

Edited by melthebell

lol just found it on the internet movie database

looks like it was filmed all over, spain, italy, cheshire, manchester, derbyshire, sheffield and even cumbria

All those exotic locations, their budget must've been huge. Either that or it was made by students on a gap year

O.K so here what i know for sure, there is a strong connection between west end of Sheffield and "Coronation St"in fact there is a kindred spirit between them and certain area of Sheffield (which shall not be named)all extra's who can natter and nag are in ,when I say west end i mean its just a short walk down the rd to Wetherfield where all can meet at the Rovers Return

O.K so here what i know for sure, there is a strong connection between west end of Sheffield and "Coronation St"in fact there is a kindred spirit between them and certain area of Sheffield (which shall not be named)all extra's who can natter and nag are in ,when I say west end i mean its just a short walk down the rd to Wetherfield where all can meet at the Rovers Return

I think you've missed the point, The Manchester Morgue isn't a euphemism for Coronation Street

I think you've missed the point, The Manchester Morgue isn't a euphemism for Coronation Street

No its O.K I was just being an A Hole Ive got a very warped sense of humor:D:D

i never knew, but the guy whos an expert on the film in question just said the majority of this film was actually shot in sheffield??

i always presumed it WAS filmed in manchester / italy

I saw this a couple of times at the cinema in the late 70's & recently acquired the DVD. The opening scenes are shot in Manchester, readily identified by the Greater Manchester bus livery & the 191 to Torkington. Most of the rest of the movie is shot in Castleton. The bottom of Winnats Pass has had a graveyard superimposed on it but Suicide Cavern is clearly visible on the left hand side. The churchyard scenes were shot in Hathersage until the film crew were ejected after a group of tourists to Little John's Grave complained. Most of the interior scenes were filmed in Rome & Madrid. As far as I am aware none of it was actually shot in Sheffield. I would be interested if anyone can identify the location of the garage where his bike gets damaged.

Its years since l saw it but as l remember theres alot of castleton/hathersage involved. (Some questionable continuety aswell) :suspect: