Uboats in canal at the chippy

i think the old prams that was slung in the canal was used for carring torpedos to the boats at one time as the enviroment clamped down on them for using wheel barrows...i think that was a law the council made back in 1943.some one on sf may know......the exact date.some time in june i think

i think the old prams that was slung in the canal was used for carring torpedos to the boats at one time as the enviroment clamped down on them for using wheel barrows...i think that was a law the council made back in 1943.some one on sf may know......the exact date.some time in june i think

My uncle Tom Hegarty who was in our navy told me that the Duke of Darnall was a German u boat skipper who got left behind after the war at the Canal Basin. He then walked doen the tow path to Greenland Road and acted daft so they gen him a house round corner, after that he had to continue acting daft or his cover would have been blown so he directed traffic for nowt in Fitzallen Sq. I was only 8 when Tom told me this is it true.