Gleadless Valley or Birley?

Well to me a priority is my child not getting bullied for being the wrong colour, what else would i need to worry about?

norton is fine, my sister in law has a mixed race relationship and her kids have grown up here without any trouble.

Well to me a priority is my child not getting bullied for being the wrong colour, what else would i need to worry about?

Just don't choose Gleadless Valley, you will regret it and the agro of moving your children schools (sometimes you have to travel up to 30minutes to take them to the new school, as you cant get another one as close.)

Never heard of any racist bullying in Birley if im honest.

Just don't choose Gleadless Valley, you will regret it and the agro of moving your children schools (sometimes you have to travel up to 30minutes to take them to the new school, as you cant get another one as close.)

Never heard of any racist bullying in Birley if im honest.

take your kids to norton free for the young ones and then meadowhead after, both very good schools, at gleadless

Am I right in saying Birley is a majority white area?

I'd say it is, but so is Gleadless Valley.

I have mixed race children so Birley worries me that they will have problems at school? my husband is big enough to look after himself :D

In my honest opinion, they will get less hassle from the nicer kids of birley :|

I'd say it is, but so is Gleadless Valley.

Theres loads of foreigners round Gleadless these day's.

Defo one of the biggest multi cuteral areas going in Sheffield, we have 7 different families on our block of maisonettes who can't speak a word of English.

Theres loads of foreigners round Gleadless these day's.

Defo one of the biggest multi cuteral areas going in Sheffield, we have 7 different families on our block of maisonettes who can't speak a word of English.

But majority white...My auntie lives at Birley with her Jamaican husband and 4 mixed race kids, and a black school friend lives up there too.

My friend at Gleadless had a couple of polish families in her block though.

Both areas however, are 'majority white'

But majority white...My auntie lives at Birley with her Jamaican husband and 4 mixed race kids, and a black school friend lives up there too.

My friend at Gleadless had a couple of polish families in her block though.

Both areas however, are 'majority white'

Id say percentage wise theres no comparison between Gleadless and Birley regarding immigrants.

Nobody want's to move onto Gleadless so the immigrants get a lot of places round here, i do delivering around Birley and it's nothing like Gleadless.

We lived in Gleadless Valley for 5 years ane were glad to get out, the part where we were was a horrible area and I wouldn't recomend anybody raise a young family there.

ha ha u all talk rubbish gleadless is a great place to live from my point of view. howerver when i was younger i knew loads of people from birly and there was just as much troubble and drug use on the estates round there as there is at gleadless... oh and to the person who said "Nobody want's to move onto Gleadless so the immigrants get a lot of places round here," i know pleanty of english born people who try to get housing round gleadless and have to wait like 2 years or longer to get one. i say gleadless lived here all my life and found it to be great all areas have trouble so why put gleadless down.

ha ha u all talk rubbish gleadless is a great place to live from my point of view. howerver when i was younger i knew loads of people from birly and there was just as much troubble and drug use on the estates round there as there is at gleadless... oh and to the person who said "Nobody want's to move onto Gleadless so the immigrants get a lot of places round here," i know pleanty of english born people who try to get housing round gleadless and have to wait like 2 years or longer to get one. i say gleadless lived here all my life and found it to be great all areas have trouble so why put gleadless down.

I have lived on Gleadless on and off for 30 years, trust me it's changed a lot.