Snakeboard, any one know where to get one in Sheffield?

All my son wants for Christmas is a snakeboard. I can't find one any where, has any one seen them on sale in Sheffield or online, or have one they would like to sell?

I think they were a bit of a phase 10-15 years ago, my brother has one, and sons wanted one for ages.

they look like this http://www.jsk.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~noda/snake/whatis-e.html

Look very similar to what i believe were called SideWinders in the 90's.. i remember always wanting one but after trying it out in toys r us i pretty much decided its impossible and i hated it...

No idea where to find one nowadays though, quick google for sidewinder brings nothing up really, but id try toys are us in the bike section bit

Hi Thanks, but he has got a rip stick /castor board/ wave board thing. It's the old style snakeboard he really wants, it works on a completely different movement. but thank you any way.

Thanks, I've been watching this one,it seems to be the only thing near on ebay at the moment. I think its a cheaper rip off version though, as its called a skintboard.Not sure though, and if I find no other might give this one a shot.

I did ask the seller if it would be possible to see what the underside is like, and what the build quality is like. He replied in quite a rude abrupt way, with no photos. So it puts me off buying off him, and reconfirms its possibly not great quality. No point me buying something that won't take the hammering its going to get!

Thank you all for trying to help, side winder does ring a bell. I'l have a hunt under that name.

good luck! :)

**i hate those ebay sellers**

I used to love my snakeboard, no idea where it went but it was awesome. I had a quick look out of interest, looks like they havent made them for 10 years, i guess someone might have an old one they hadnt thought of selling. Might be worth putting some "wanted" posts somewhere. It looks like the closest boards around are "steetboards" looks like exactly the same movement and operation apart from the middle footplate is wider, might even be better that way for grinding etc. Defo get one with bindings :cool:

http://shop.strato.com/epages/61411206.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61411206/Products/%22000%200054%5B1%5D%22

my son wanted one but had trouble finding one so he got a Ripster instead from Argos for £49.99

I have a Viper Striker Snakeboard for sale if you are still interested.