Do I need to make an appointment with some at the Job Centre.

Hi everyone,

I need someone from the job centre to sign my application form, do I need to make an appointment or could I just turn up?

I have tried calling multiple numbers but no answer. I thought maybe someone on here would know.

Edited by englishgirl2

i there,

from memory, they have a funny system down there:

on the phone they tell you to just turn up, then when you arrive they turn you away for having no appointment.

i once went in, used one of their free phones to make an appointment, rather than go back home :)

i there,

from memory, they have a funny system down there:

on the phone they tell you to just turn up, then when you arrive they turn you away for having no appointment.

i once went in, used one of their free phones to make an appointment, rather than go back home :)

I do that too. There seems to be such limited communication from them, I rang up to confirm the time of a back to work session and was told I didn't have one, lucky I turned up anyway because I did and missing sessions affects your benefits! And it is so frustrating when you're standing there speaking to the person on the front desk but they won't schedule you an appointment in that job centre right there and you have to go over to the phones and go through the annoying recorded messages and call centre, all for them to ask you questions like what job centre do you want an appointment at? where? which would be obvious if you could schedule it with someone there. :roll: