Dear pedestrians !!

As we all know, this is the heaviest snowfall that we've had in many many years. Now I appreciate that for some of you, it is proving to be quite a challenge to walk on the iced up pavements, which is causing some of you to walk in the middle of the road that are clear or offer less risk of injury caused by slipping. However, on most side streets and inner estate streets the roads are proving to be quite a challenge to drive on, especially when climbing an hill or slight incline.

Driving up an hill or slight incline in the snow is by no means easy, as the car needs to be driven at a constant steady speed in order to maintain traction on the ice. Therefore, on behalf of all drivers, could I please ask all pedestrians that decide to walk in the middle of the road to consider us drivers when presenting themselves as an obstruction that we must either slow down for or even break, resulting in the car losing traction which in turn causes the car wheels to spin on the ice which results in the car(and the driver)becoming stuck.

Thankyou for your time pedestrians:)

Edited by danot

...could I please ask all pedestrians that decide to walk in the middle of the road to consider us drivers when presenting themselves as an obstruction that we must either slow down for or even break

For the love of God, I really, really, really, hope you meant to write brake

x

Yes. The pedestrians are being very selfish indeed. It is audacious of them to use the roads where the the snow has been squashed down by motorists who both pay for the car AND pay car tax to use the road. Get your own snow cleared off the footpaths pedestrians and keep off the low shallow snow on the road that motorists made.

Same applies to cyclists who do not squash down any snow at all.

As a non-car owner, my council tax pays for gritting of the roads, so I'm gonna walk on them whether motorists like it or not.

x

As a non-car owner, my council tax pays for gritting of the roads, so I'm gonna walk on them whether motorists like it or not.

x

It is only the main routes and motorways that get gritted. Pedestrians do not walk on Motorways, but feel free.

As we all know, this is the heaviest snowfall that we've had in many many years. Now I appreciate that for some of you, it is proving to be quite a challenge to walk on the iced up pavements, which is causing some of you to walk in the middle of the road that are clear or offer less risk of injury caused by slipping. However, on most side streets and inner estate streets the roads are proving to be quite a challenge to drive on, especially when climbing an hill or slight incline.

Driving up an hill or slight incline in the snow is by no means easy, as the car needs to be driven at a constant steady speed in order to maintain traction on the ice. Therefore, on behalf of all drivers, could I please ask all pedestrians that decide to walk in the middle of the road to consider us drivers when presenting themselves as an obstruction that we must either slow down for or even break, resulting in the car losing traction which in turn causes the car wheels to spin on the ice which results in the car(and the driver)becoming stuck.

Thankyou for your time pedestrians:)

hear hear, i got stuck twice today because of this situation

hear hear, i got stuck twice today because of this situation

Thanks for not running me over. Twice :thumbsup:

x

Likewise, when turning onto a minor road from a main road, please reduce speed in advance in case the minor road has less grip. The person turning a corner a 30+ and nearly losing full control, sliding somewhat towards me, earlier today, if going any faster could have made me brown bread.

For the love of God, I really, really, really, hope you meant to write brake

x

You got me JB. well spotted, I missed that one.

Likewise, when turning onto a minor road from a main road, please reduce speed in advance in case the minor road has less grip. The person turning a corner a 30+ and nearly losing full control, sliding somewhat towards me, earlier today, if going any faster could have made me brown bread.

How does going faster make brown bread for you?

Dear Drivers, perhaps some of you might not have got stuck if you hadnt thought yourselves invincible in the deteriorating conditions earlier in the week, causing public transport to slow down and in some cases grind to a halt, despite numerous messages of advice from the highways agency and the police. if the road is passable, we hear you approaching and you dont attempt to force us into the snowbank, we pedestrians will happily step to one side and let you pass unencumbered. Thank you.

It is only the main routes and motorways that get gritted.

Our side road was gritted this morning, right after the plough had been down it.