Car Boot sales still on?

Stargazer8

hi merroney

the one on blonk street is open nearly all year round but you have to be very early,i used to go that way to work at 5.30 am and there was a line of cars waiting for it to open that stretched right back and over ladies bridge.

also there is marsh lane (near eckington), this one is on saturdays and sundays,but in different fields.

why not put your 'rubbish' in the sales section on this forum-that way,you don't have to stand in a cold field for half the day:thumbsup:

regards, john.

Thanks very much Biggsy. I may try and sell some stuff on here. I was doing it on ebay and although I seemed to get more for my stuff than at car boot sales, it was so time consuming! At the moment I just want to get rid of it all as it's cluttering up my house and head! Thanks again. x

hi the saturday bootsale is actually the barlborough one that has transferred, the barlborough site was always waterlogged,so they moved to the corner field at bowshaw,but that too occasionally becomes saturated,so they just don't bother to open,can't really blame them as i've been there when cars have been stuck all over the field:mad:

regards,john.

Car Boot Sale in Oughtibridge

Saturday 1st October 2005, 8.00am - 12.00 noon

At Oughtibridge Cricket Club (opposite Coronation Park, follow the signs for the War Memorial Sports Club)

£5.00 per car in aid of Village for a Village Tsunami Disaster Appeal

To book space please phone Village for a Village: 0114 2864111

Archived