'Sloppy' Cheese! A Sheffield speciality?

I always loved Yankees on Ecclesall Road. I think the 'sloppy' cheese employed there is a Sheffield speciality. Of course it was perfected by Chubby's on Cambridge Street and I have enjoyed many boozy evenings which finished with that stuff all over my shirt and face. I've never encountered this strange stuff in any other burger anywhere other than those 2 places. I know people who get off the train in Sheffield and go straight for a fix. I live out of town now. Is Chubby's still going strong? Is the cheese still sloppy? Is this cheese a Sheffield claim to fame??

mmmmmmmmmmm ...... Chubby's cheese!

Never found anything quite like it anywhere!

:)

Yeah...chubbys serves the strongest chili sauce as well, Mamood still laughs when the veggies come in and ask for chips and they have no idea that they are cooked in animal fat as certain meats are also deep fried in the chip fryers. Trust me, I have been going in Chubbys over 20 years. I will admit the cheese is not as good as it used to be, plus they give you alot less.

Guest vivien

yumm chips un cheese the best times ever

oh happy days:clap: :P

no matter how hard i try just cant seem to do it like chubbys did !!!!

i think murdochs on divvy st do chips 'n' cheese too - i think it looks revolting from anywhere.

on the subject i've just bought some low fat cheese from tesco's 'healthy living' range - its only got 1.7g of saturated fat (per 100g) but its proper minging. i don't think it should even be called cheese - it has none of its qualities. it looks and tastes like cheese that you left out of the packet and later found it at the back of the fridge, all hard and crusty. it doesn't even melt properly. its like plastic.

cheese? my arse.

gonna put it in the bin.