Tips/advice on replacing Ford Ka Sump(endura engine)

Advice on changing sump on a ford ka?(endura engine) getting sump and gasket from EuroCarparts should i use any Hylomar or similar? Any ideas on bolt tightening sequence/torque? Just after any tips before get started at the weekend.

Hi, using some sort of sealer "Hylomar" or similar is always a safe bet. Don't know the exact tightening sequence, but if you start at the inner two bolts and work towards each end of the sump tightening alternate bolts you should be ok. You'd be better trying to find the required "Torque" figure for the bolts. Kev

Thanks for that,dont have the haynes manual and cant seem to find torque settings online :(

Hi, i don't think the torque will be a very high figure otherwise you could distort the sump. I have a couple of Haynes manuals to hand (neither are Fiesta) and they quote; 7lb/ft for M6 bolts and 18lb/ft for M8 bolts. They're are a few Ford forums you can find on Google it may be worth signing up to 1 of those for some info. Kev

Just looked on autodata ..tighten in two stages 6nm followed by 9nm ,best stating place in the centre of the sump as stated previously but its not that critical if there is no gasket just sealer....hope this helps.

Just looked on autodata ..tighten in two stages 6nm followed by 9nm ,best stating place in the centre of the sump as stated previously but its not that critical if there is no gasket just sealer....hope this helps.

Thanks,thats great,there is a gasket so will torque to 6 then 9nm and hopefully no leaks.