Tribal girl stripped over 'affair', molested by hundreds in Bengal

What, it's sick to watch because you say so? I would want to watch due to curiosity.

At what point does it become sick to watch something? Is it sickening to watch a happy slap?, is it sickening to watch someone getting beaten to a pulp outside of a nightclub? Is it sickening to see someone being shot and killed? Show me where the line is drawn that makes it sick no matter what...

It's sick because the majority of the population don't want to watch it, because we don't want to see things that are upsetting. I'm sure the majority of ambulance and A&E staff don't watch videos of injured and dying people; just because they have chosen to help people in need doesn't mean that they want to watch it for 'curiosity'.

You're sick; you presumably have no concept of the kind of human decency that would make a caring person for example cover up the dignity of someone lying injured in the street rather then filming them with their clothes torn from them.

It's sick because the majority of the population don't want to watch it...

Can you link me to the source for these statistics?

Can you link me to the source for these statistics?

Of course I can't. Can you link me to a source that shows how many people do?

Of course I can't. Can you link me to a source that shows how many people do?

No, because I haven't made such a claim, son.

No, because I haven't made such a claim, son.

Oh, don't be silly. You know perfectly well that the majority (that's over 50%, in case you don't know what it means) of the population won't have watched your sick video.

Oh, don't be silly. You know perfectly well that the majority (that's over 50%, in case you don't know what it means) of the population won't have watched your sick video.

I never said they did. Another ridiculous claim, sunshine.

I never said they did. Another ridiculous claim, sunshine.

Ok, bored now. You're taking the thread way off topic. My claim was hardly 'ridiculous' but your going on about it surely is.

It's sick because the majority of the population don't want to watch it, because we don't want to see things that are upsetting. I'm sure the majority of ambulance and A&E staff don't watch videos of injured and dying people; just because they have chosen to help people in need doesn't mean that they want to watch it for 'curiosity'.

You're sick; you presumably have no concept of the kind of human decency that would make a caring person for example cover up the dignity of someone lying injured in the street rather then filming them with their clothes torn from them.

So you're saying you've never craned your neck whilst passing a road accident?

Humans are curious creatures and crave to see things that they shouldn't. The 13yo boy who looks at the lingerie section of his mum's catalogue, for example. We want to know gossip about other people and will talk behind backs, even though they know it's wrong to do so. We've all done it.

I'm not saying IamChiChi is right to want to watch the video, but I respect that he is only human and, as such, has the same compulsions as everyone else, including curiosity.

To use one of his examples - the next time you watch a person on CCTV on a news story getting his head kicked in, are you going to switch channel because it's sick to watch it? Or, are you going to watch so you can form your opinion, and feed your rage via curiosity?

Ok, bored now. You're taking the thread way off topic. My claim was hardly 'ridiculous' but your going on about it surely is.

You come into this thread making out that I have said things which I clearly haven't, yet I'm the one taking the thread off topic?

I'm not too sure how you work that one out, darlin'.

Humans are curious creatures and crave to see things that they shouldn't. The 13yo boy who looks at the lingerie section of his mum's catalogue, for example. We want to know gossip about other people and will talk behind backs, even though they know it's wrong to do so. We've all done it.

I'm not saying IamChiChi is right to want to watch the video, but I respect that he is only human and, as such, has the same compulsions as everyone else, including curiosity.

To use one of his examples - the next time you watch a person on CCTV on a news story getting his head kicked in, are you going to switch channel because it's sick to watch it? Or, are you going to watch so you can form your opinion, and feed your rage via curiosity?

Someone that understands. Thank you.

I fully realise that my curiosity is a lot higher than the norm. That doesn't make me sick. It merely means that I have a higher cut off point when it comes to what I don't mind seeing.

Also, I am very much a person that understands more via visual stimuli. I find it much harder to grasp a story through textual means alone.

Yes, I would and do switch over, it's hardly edifying, is it? As far as I'm concerned, it's the same mentality as those who watch and enjoy snuff movies.

Someone that understands. Thank you.

I fully realise that my curiosity is a lot higher than the norm. That doesn't make me sick. It merely means that I have a higher cut off point when it comes to what I don't mind seeing.

Also, I am very much a person that understands more via visual stimuli. I find it much harder to grasp a story through textual means alone.

Does that mean that you have to read picture books or can you cope with reading a novel purely in its textual form?