*WANTED* a caravan to rent in Cleethorpes Sat 28 - Mon 30 Aug 2010

Hi :-)

I'm looking for a last minute weekend break in Cleethorpes from Saturday 28th August until Monday 30th August 2010 and would appreciate anyone who has a caravan free for the weekend.

The only problem we're having at the moment on finding one suitable is that there are 2 adults n 6 children (yes we dont own a T.V lol) and also we have our family dog, Mavis whos a small friendly Jack Russel :-)

It's a last minute surprise for our children before they head back to school also 3 of the children's birthday's fall at the end of August and was hoping for an extra surprise at the seaside.

Anyone who could point us in the right direction to hire one would be really helpfull

Many thanks :-)

i meant available not FREE! as in not cost me owt! haha just re-read it n realised it sounded as if i wanted it for nowt! sorry!!

does it really have to be Cleethorpes? have you been lately? It must be the most rundown place on the east coast, (or is that why you want to go lol) its so run down and filthy there one or two chippies on the seafront a few run down arcades and thats it, the beach funfair is on its last legs, the pier is even closed its up for sale, its no joke im being serious, plus a rainy day! even pleasure island further down has been closed this summer, its open now but not all rides are running, i live 20mins drive away and go from cleethorpes to skeggy regulaly trust me if you have got six kids you need to be looking at ingoldmells or skeggy, plus youve got to realise its august bank holiday when you want to go, the only part of cleethorpes thats ok is down at lakeside with the boating lake, zoo and steam railway, thats where we go bout once a week, wouldnt go anywhere else in cleethorpes sorry, if i were you have a re think :cool:

Thank you for your reply i havent been for a very long time so i really do appreciate this comment! to be honest it was my partner who suggested it as its a simple train ride away but i will now be thinkin of else where! lol we r goin to Skegvagas in a couple of weeks for the week but just wanted something at the end of the hols for the kids b4 bk to school....will prob look at brid or blackpool, we only want a wkend sumwhere close by.

Once again thank you for the info its been VERY useful! i will be searchin the net for a large family n pet friendly place! lol :-)

I agree about Cleethorpes its an absolute dive, we went a couple of weeks ago to watch Wednesday at Grim Grimsby and we couldn't find a shop any where after 8 at night, the place is a ghost town.

Don't go to Blackpool either its a complete dump these days, all the resorts up north are really, best place to go is Butlins Skeggy, secure for the kids, everything in one place, good entertainment, don't get a caravan of butlins look on the Internet for someone renting a caravan privately on butlins.

i know its a long shot but i have a 10 berth van at ingoldmells with full veranda from 31st august to 4th september and mavis is more than welcome xxx