I want some where different to walk in peaks

A friend of mine from nottingham wants some where different to walk in peaks

Has done the white peak area, around hope/edale/castleton/longshaw estate/gritstone edges/curbar/ladybower.

I am thinking some where a bit more north.

Can anyone give me some useful ideas. Ideally by tonight as going walking with him tommorrow

Other than it being bleak and standing around 600 metres, I couldn't possibly say. I have read up on it, but have never been.

What about closer to sheffield, on the north east end of the peaks?

I use walking briton a lot, just finding it hard to get something different

What about stanage edge?

If you choose Stanage Edge, we shall be up there tomorrow and Sunday as part of a 24 hour charity trek. Keep an eye out for us :)

In the end we walked from near doctors gate through grains in the water/bleaklow way and over towards glossop

Was walking for about 7 hours in total. Some good views over to manchester. Through nice varirty of countryside from bleak moorland(seeing lots of grouse). Saw a moutain hare!:).Lovely meadow fields full of flowers and finally had to cross the horrible a57!

Finished of with a nice drink @ the ladybower inn (barnsley bitter-acorn brewery, yummy!)

In the end we walked from near doctors gate through grains in the water/bleaklow way and over towards glossop

Was walking for about 7 hours in total. Some good views over to manchester. Through nice varirty of countryside from bleak moorland(seeing lots of grouse). Saw a moutain hare!:).Lovely meadow fields full of flowers and finally had to cross the horrible a57!

Finished of with a nice drink @ the ladybower inn (barnsley bitter-acorn brewery, yummy!)

Well done matey,that must have been some walk.;)

Well done matey,that must have been some walk.;)

Yep think it was about 14 miles in the end.

Could have filled my face at the ladybower but left wallet at home so had to make do with crisps!

However when got home , made up and filled up with calories/msg/salt and had a chinese.

Very stiff this morning.

If you start at Langsett, there are some nice walks up on the moors there.