Manor estate 1950 to 1980

Do any of these names ring a bell: Dave Mossman, John Day, Tony Wespy...all on Paulet Road. Norman Elgy (known as 'no no'), also a tearaway nicknamed 'Spyder', never did know his real name, both from Darcy Close. Eddie Lister, Brian Jacobs and Stuart Lynley all on Fairfax Rd. Then there was John Connely and David Cooper and the Pollards, who always had the earliest (and biggest) bonfire going on Guy Fawkes night, all on Stanground Road. The future 'World's Strongest Man', Jamie Reeves, lived next door to me, Brian Moss, on Ravencarr Rd with his brother Jock. Days were a lot safer then. I feel sorry for todays kids.

Renshaws, Bolsovers, Sellars, Hibberd, Docherty... Darren West not seen him in years then saw him other day at northern general

Hibberd is my mum's maiden name now Carol Brown, we grew up on Standground till we were about 5/6 moved out just before they flattened it. Went to pipworth school too with brothers Jason, Craig and sister Sarah. I seem to remember being related to the Robinsons through my grany Ivy her maiden name being Robinson. Any one else remember these?

I used to play with a lad called Andy and then there was another family with 2/3 brothers abouts 2 doors up. If anyone has a clue who I am talking about feel free to give me a heads up.

That was Jud, lived near the Cottons.

Old Jud (George) he's appeared in tonights local rag...

as for them cottons loppy old paul still wears wendy hat,

apparently decorated his front room in wendy wallpaper :loopy:

UTB

any body know irene kenworthy who lived on archdale rd on the new houses

Do any of these names ring a bell: Dave Mossman, John Day, Tony Wespy...all on Paulet Road. Norman Elgy (known as 'no no'), also a tearaway nicknamed 'Spyder', never did know his real name, both from Darcy Close. Eddie Lister, Brian Jacobs and Stuart Lynley all on Fairfax Rd. Then there was John Connely and David Cooper and the Pollards, who always had the earliest (and biggest) bonfire going on Guy Fawkes night, all on Stanground Road. The future 'World's Strongest Man', Jamie Reeves, lived next door to me, Brian Moss, on Ravencarr Rd with his brother Jock. Days were a lot safer then. I feel sorry for todays kids.

i went to school with a patrick day , pipworth rd in the 50s

hi annjune do i know you .i left you a message earlier re weeds opposite steel inn.i also remember the days. didnt they live on motehall road.i also remember the smiths who i think lived up near the wreck near archdale. i also knew a family called the kitchens of which one of the girls was a good friend of mine.

me grand and family lived on Darcy Close think it was number 15

Edited by crusher21

i was born on darcy close in 1949 it was number 8 i think we moved when i was 5 , i still remember some of the kids

i knew jamie reeves my ex husband trained with him , i used to go to his gym

Hibberd is my mum's maiden name now Carol Brown, we grew up on Standground till we were about 5/6 moved out just before they flattened it. Went to pipworth school too with brothers Jason, Craig and sister Sarah. I seem to remember being related to the Robinsons through my grany Ivy her maiden name being Robinson. Any one else remember these?

I used to play with a lad called Andy and then there was another family with 2/3 brothers abouts 2 doors up. If anyone has a clue who I am talking about feel free to give me a heads up.

i used to go to pipworth shool , there was a sandra hibbard in my class