Manor estate 1950 to 1980

Hi Lostinfrance, thanks very much for that will keep my eyes on the forum hoping Kathleen will get in touch would be lovely to hear from her. Thank you once again.

Hi Lostinfrance, did you manage to get intouch with Kathleen cause been looking on blog for any reply but nothing yet. Did you give her my user name?.

Not sure but the back of Standground School, which I presume was on Standground Road, backed on to Archdale Road if my memory is correct.

Should that be Standhouse School at the bottom of Windyhouse Lane?

Should that be Standhouse School at the bottom of Windyhouse Lane?

As I said I'm not sure what road Standhouse School is on, just that the back of it was on Archdale Road.:)

As I said I'm not sure what road Standhouse School is on, just that the back of it was on Archdale Road.:)

Standhouse School is on Queen Mary Road.. :)

Not sure but the back of Standground School, which I presume was on Standground Road, backed on to Archdale Road if my memory is correct.

I thought you said standground school you presumed was on standground road, the answer was no

standhouse school i presume you meant, that was on raynald road up behind the steel inn pub and stanground road was on the other side of Prince of wales road just off ravencarr road

time spent living on the manor could have affected your memory... oh well

Edited by cassie blade
spelling

Steven Renshaw was the sons name who lived on Stanground, i vaguely remember some other Renshaws who lived on Desmond Crescent, that might have been Mick or Brian

That was Jud, lived near the Cottons.

standhouse school was on archdale road i lived next door to it was born there in 1950 moved off arund 1970 the front entrance was on queenmary road which was a continuation of raynald road .standground road was off prince of wales road .

That was Jud, lived near the Cottons.

Jud lived near the cottons is exactly as it says in your post...

the cottons lived on desmond near the galleys, kingswood, smiths and

jud renshaw (he never lived on Stanground)

jud is still to be seen running round city road, he had a wife with 2 kids, boy and girl.

The Renshaws whom i was referring to, where related to the froggats and bolsovers who all lived on stanground at some point

has thee got thee sen married yet or what. :confused::confused::confused:

Joking arent ya...whos going to marry a west?

Thats why hes moved to woodhouse to try his luck out there...

anybody lived on standground road on the manor estate from the 1950 to 1980

I lived at number 41 from 1949 to 1961 arriving at 1-2yrs old & leaving at 12-13.

I grew up with the Fountains kids, John, Peter and Joy, plus Christine Antibush, when they moved on, the Duggans boys John and Kevin with Brian Rogerson who lived opposite became our gang. Brian went to Pipworth Rd School, the Duggans to St Theresa's and I went Prince Edwards at Manor top on the tram.

We played street games, explored the woods and old bomb shelters; sledging down Fairfax Rd in winter and cycling into Derbyshire when I got a bike from Langsett's for my 11th birthday.

I used to get a lift to school with Shirley Young whoes Dad had a Jag being a mechanic.

Good memories.

Edited by A.M.Housley