Manor estate 1950 to 1980

any one work at brightside foundry heating. in attercliff. in the 50s.

hi , yes i lived at number 41,stanground road upto 1980 , my name is lisa i have 2 sisters tammy and zoe , my parents were called hazel and ken clinton . i was 7 when we moved i used to go to woodthorpe school and i used to go to gymnastics on prince of wales road at the church . i dont remember many people from the manor but i do have some memories from my time living on the road .

anybody lived on standground road on the manor estate from the 1950 to 1980

hi im new to the forum. I lived on stanground at 21,from 1949 to mid fifties. Our next door neibours were named pratt, raymond he kept pidgeons his younger brother was richard,nextto them were named field ,he was a st john ambulance man,next were pickfords ,they had a girl named tina.others i recall are duggans (pat) brian wayland,billy farr and shirley/valerie dent.val married my cousin david.i also recall the fountians plus two sisters from the next road over ,audrey shirt and her older sister ???, sorry(kodak moment),oh no ,ialmost forgot one of my oldest friends ronnie stanley at 33.happy days.eightlegger

Hi Cazza, just read your post about living on Archdale Road. I also lived there from 1953 to 1973 and went to Standhouse and Hurlfield Girls. I lived at number 121, my maiden was STOKES I have a sister called Pauline and a brother called John, i was wondering whether we know one another.

Anybody out there know of ANNE THOMSON, KATHLEEN LAMBERT, MOIRA and MAVIS DUDLEY who lived on Archdale Road in the 50s and 60s.

Hiya. I'm married to Kathleen Lambert's brother, John. We live in France now, but John's in the UK just now and had a wander down Archdale even though it's flat. He said that the tree he gave to the next door neighbour, Mr Coooper, was still there.

Hi Lostinfrance, thanks for the post,i am an old friend of Kathleens and do remember John. My name back then was Irene Stokes lived at 121 Archdale Rd, if at all possible would like to get in touch with Kathleen because we shared some good times together.

I was born on the Manor lived there for 20+ years so can anybody tell me where Standground Rd was or is cause it has been mentioned a few times can,t place it, Thanks

Not sure but the back of Standground School, which I presume was on Standground Road, backed on to Archdale Road if my memory is correct.

I was born on the Manor lived there for 20+ years so can anybody tell me where Standground Rd was or is cause it has been mentioned a few times can,t place it, Thanks

If you where coming up Prince of Wales Road past Smedley's chip shop bear left, down by side of joevahs witness and turn right onto Stanground Road,

which ran right down to hastilar Road directly behind the Springwood pub

Hiya Manor lass. I'll telephone Kath with your name and let her know about this forum.