Bangkok Thailand.. State of emergency!

People who arn't stuck in a box and spend all day online moaning!! I bet you have never been out of your city have you, well here's some news for you: there are other Countries out there, other cultures and races and there is A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE.

Try switching off your tv and taking your processed food out of your mouth and realise that your city isn't the be all and end all......idiot! Your uneducated comment says it all about the type of person you are!

I am going to bangkok soon (as I am cultured and interested in life outside my own city) and I hope the unrest calms down!!

here,here and if you need any advice on where to stay in Bkk or thailand in general just let me know i have a few contacts in Thailand...

Hi ...I origionally posted this thread as a general warning to any travellers, backpackers, in S.E. Asia planning to go Bangkok who might not have knowledge of the troubles there, not to go to Bangkok, because of gunfire, tear gas etc. Battles in the street!........ Seems like it's turning into slagging off of Thailand....I think it's normally a great place to go! Just be aware of the state of emergency!

Totally agree Nyle....everyone has their own opinions on where to travel/holiday but that wasn't the point of the post.

I'm in Pai (a beautiful Northern Thailand mountain town). I came from Laos into Thailand and headed to Chang Mai where I didn't see any sign of trouble. As Callippo said, it's possible to travel about and avoid places if you want to.

There's lots of people still travelling/holidaying in Thailand and I'll be going through Bangkok next week but from what I hear, it's safe to go through in transit and as look as you don't go looking for trouble (i.e donning a red t-shirt and protesting!) then it's fine. I am gutted because I wanted to go to Topshop in Bangkok and stay a few nights but never mind!

p.s I love logging on to the Sheffield Forum and keeping up with the gossip back home!

Edited by pencil skirt

People who arn't stuck in a box and spend all day online moaning!! I bet you have never been out of your city have you, well here's some news for you: there are other Countries out there, other cultures and races and there is A WHOLE WORLD OUT THERE.

Try switching off your tv and taking your processed food out of your mouth and realise that your city isn't the be all and end all......idiot! Your uneducated comment says it all about the type of person you are!

I am going to bangkok soon (as I am cultured and interested in life outside my own city) and I hope the unrest calms down!!

Just saw this :hihi: :hihi:

I shall tell Ting Tong about this thread when I get home.

do not forget this lady is from u.s.a so she is more than likly brainwashed..lol

Why would I be brainwashed having no desire to go someplace ? Brits flock to Thailand for sex with young girls don't they , then say, Oh! the scenery's lovely :hihi:

Why would I be brainwashed having no desire to go someplace ? Brits flock to Thailand for sex with young girls don't they , then say, Oh! the scenery's lovely :hihi:

Yeah, that's exactly what everyone's doing over here. You're obviously trying to wind people up because surely you can't be that naive.

Just out of interest........where do you travel/holiday?

do they...?What about the thousands of backpackers?(and some of them are even female).

Yet again another brainwashed yankee coment...get a life miss "super power"Your country is run by bullies who brainwash their defenceless population.....lol....lol.....lol.....lol.....lol

no brits don't do this they opt to travel to the u.s.a to by ice and guns and steal oil from the arabs....lol

how very ignorant of you, congratulations you've outdone yourself.:thumbsup:

how very ignorant of you, congratulations you've outdone yourself.:thumbsup:

I thank you,very much appreciated :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I thank you,very much appreciated :hihi::hihi::hihi:

You fit the ignorant american stereotype so well, the other US Sfers must be truly ashamed of you. Oh yeah obligatory smileys :hihi::hihi::hihi: lol jk:rolleyes:

You fit the ignorant american stereotype so well, the other US Sfers must be truly ashamed of you. Oh yeah obligatory smileys :hihi::hihi::hihi: lol jk:rolleyes:

Born & bred in Sheffield :thumbsup: