Your veiws on longley park

took kids to longley playground other day and it was empty for a sunny day and there was nothing left just bars and no swings roundabout climbing frame, just a slide, and this had been peed down.

so off we went to endcliffe were there was about 2000 people a good clean park with everything in it.

just thought to myself that people just dont complain about things in longley.so i called the parks services and was given a positive response that things were at hand.

i would encourage a mass of phone calls to park services from anyone who can be bothered to make a difference and hopefull get some action taken to improve ths park

i live bang opposite the park and to be honest its very quiet but every so often local of dick heads go in and set fire to the play area equipment :loopy:

i just think the park services have got fed up of replacing it

john

the council got loads of dosh for having the compound on the site but none of it has been spent on the park but given to other parks in the city :(

they need to fence it off and open between certain times, its a discrace, may as well buil houses on there and cage all the scumm that destroy such things, oh and the cage stays lol

the council got loads of dosh for having the compound on the site but none of it has been spent on the park but given to other parks in the city :(

I think its the contractor that gets the money for the compound dude :confused:

The vast majority of the money was used to re surface the car park

Longley Park is nowt but a great big doggie toilet these days and has been in decline for over 20 years now . There's nothing there to encourage families to visit anymore ...which is a great shame when you think back to the days of the swimming pool , tennis courts, football pitches, cricket pitch , the small golf course, playground and even the little shop/cafe next to the bowling greens .

You'll be hard pressed to even find any flowers in there now (perhaps because of all the doggie pee :roll )

Longley park is the pits! I live very close to it but i never take my children there as the playground is awful. I take them to hillsborough/graves/endcliffe park! Much more to do at each of these parks and the playgrounds are much more superior!